Is merlincycles legit?

I would advise to get an Aramex Global Shopper address. Select the local delivery address provided, One pays for shipping on weight. (about R260 below 1 kg, R450 per kg upwards.) 

When the shipment arrives, one pays duties (if applicable) and vat.

Do not order clothing/textiles, the duties on these are astronomical.

On 6/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, Stephan_Swan said:

Hi has anyone bought from merlincycles before they have some really good deal. If you have what has you experience been with them?

https://www.merlincycles.com/

excellent shop...no hassles ever...

6 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

I would advise to get an Aramex Global Shopper address. Select the local delivery address provided, One pays for shipping on weight. (about R260 below 1 kg, R450 per kg upwards.) 

When the shipment arrives, one pays duties (if applicable) and vat.

Do not order clothing/textiles, the duties on these are astronomical.

Although you could, you dont have to with merlin…firstly they ship to SA directly using UPS. Secondly, sending to to a UK address means you’ll pay the 20%+ UK vat AND local 15% Vat once it gets here. So 35% vat in total…excl any duties. Shipping direct with UPS means they (merlin) remove local Vat and you only pay 15% on SA side. Then, UPS = order on sunday…have it on your doorstep by friday. My record with merlin was with DHL express. I ordered on sunday evening and had it in my hands in Cape Town on wednesday.

i wish less ppl knew about merlin to be honest lol. Ive been using them for close to 8 years. I see so much stuff in the clasifieds that was obviously brought in through them. Hell i’ve even seen some local online retailers do it😅

Edited by MORNE

12 hours ago, MORNE said:

Although you could, you dont have to with merlin…firstly they ship to SA directly using UPS. Secondly, sending to to a UK address means you’ll pay the 20%+ UK vat AND local 15% Vat once it gets here. So 35% vat in total…excl any duties. Shipping direct with UPS means they (merlin) remove local Vat and you only pay 15% on SA side. Then, UPS = order on sunday…have it on your doorstep by friday. My record with merlin was with DHL express. I ordered on sunday evening and had it in my hands in Cape Town on wednesday.

i wish less ppl knew about merlin to be honest lol. Ive been using them for close to 8 years. I see so much stuff in the clasifieds that was obviously brought in through them. Hell i’ve even seen some local online retailers do it😅

For somethings you might need a Global shopper account, 90% of the stuff they will ship direct, but if you want Renthal handlebars, like I wanted to get, they wont ship that 🤣 got all sorts of other things from them that I technically shouldn't have been able to get, but nope, not Renthal bars 😂🤣

I think my first online order was with Merlin - Easton EA50 handlebar, just before they had a distributor here. Via the post office within a week, it was also over 20 years ago.

I was more referring to getting forbidden parts (Geo Locked) shipped.

Apologies, should have been clearer.