I'm a bit in a pickle, if you know me from my previous post then this is related to that. i am looking for 2 new quick release hubs with 32 hole spoke count, HD free wheel and preferably 4 or 6 pawls. I'm not sure where i can get it and what to get, is there anything i should look out for? anything to avoid etc. Its going on a TITANRACING Rogue Sport 2023 and weight is the least of my concerns i do mostly xc singletrack and flow trails and must disk rotor compatibility, i am on a lower budget of around 2500 for both hubs< can go a bit higher but then itt starts to eat in my rim budget. 6 bolt rotors 

Edited by Jp_perros

13 minutes ago, Jp_perros said:

I'm a bit in a pickle, if you know me from my previous post then this is related to that. i am looking for 2 new quick release hubs with 32 hole spoke count, HD free wheel and preferably 4 or 6 pawls. I'm not sure where i can get it and what to get, is there anything i should look out for? anything to avoid etc. Its going on a TITANRACING Rogue Sport 2023 and weight is the least of my concerns i do mostly xc singletrack and flow trails and must disk rotor compatibility, i am on a lower budget of around 2500 for both hubs< can go a bit higher but then itt starts to eat in my rim budget.

Consider adding one more criteria ...

6.bolt or centre lock break discs, to avoid adding to the conversion cost

Probably cheaper to look at a good second-hand set. Your budget won't get much if you replacing existing hubs. You might need new spokes correct lengths and the cost of strip/rebuild over and above the Hub cost.

1 hour ago, Jp_perros said:

I'm a bit in a pickle, if you know me from my previous post then this is related to that. i am looking for 2 new quick release hubs with 32 hole spoke count, HD free wheel and preferably 4 or 6 pawls. I'm not sure where i can get it and what to get, is there anything i should look out for? anything to avoid etc. Its going on a TITANRACING Rogue Sport 2023 and weight is the least of my concerns i do mostly xc singletrack and flow trails and must disk rotor compatibility, i am on a lower budget of around 2500 for both hubs< can go a bit higher but then itt starts to eat in my rim budget.

The only new "budget" options I can think of is Novatec and Rapidé I am not a big fan of novatec so would rather go with the Rapidé brand. 

Edited by Ruben Hechter

14 hours ago, Barry said:

Probably cheaper to look at a good second-hand set. Your budget won't get much if you replacing existing hubs. You might need new spokes correct lengths and the cost of strip/rebuild over and above the Hub cost.

Yes, this.  I usually buy new wheel sets from my LBS for around 3-4k.  Those are the sets they take from new bikes, when the buyer want something else.

+1 for Rapide.

The 'Cure XC4 Rear Hub' is also decently priced and specced. 

Edited by Spinnaroonie

22 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Consider adding one more criteria ...

6.bolt or centre lock break discs, to avoid adding to the conversion cost

6 bolt

I have a set of Rapidé wheels that are bombproof. I've ridden them since July 2021 with no servicing in that time and they still run true and smooth with no issues. 32 hole rims with great hubs. The entire wheel set at the time cost under R6000.00 and it really was money well spent. I generally ride rocky trails with drops and gaps added for spice and then a lot of jumping as well and they've held up awesome in all that time. By comparison the wheels on my new Stumpy have died within 500km from new. I'm bargaining for new wheels at the moment, but my Camber still runs on with no problems. 

I'm going to get a wheel set from them seeing how good the price is and now that you've verified the quality I am 💯 going with them thanks alot for the advice !