Zwift routes and training resistance issue

Alex_86

Hi. I have a Wahoo Kickr Core that I’m using to cycle on Zwift. I use the Wahoo App to do a spin down which works without issue. As soon as I launch the Zwift App and “wake up” my trainer, the resistance and tension starts. I link my devices, the kickr, my Garmin HRM Pro, my Wahoo cadence sensor on my pedal arm, I then select a flat route to ride. The tension and resistance doesn’t release from when I woke up my devices and subsequently gets higher during the ride. I’m not able to go over a cadence of 60 rpm without my quads starting to take strain. I did a FTP Ramp Test with ERG Mode to try and fix this issue, based on one of the forums raised where someone else had the same issue, but this did not work. My FTP is set at 227w and I can assure you, when cycling on the road, my cadence and watt output exceeds 227 at a cadence of 85. I don’t know what else to get the system to work and to reduce the resistance. Any idea on what to do here?

The Kickr Core supports multiple connections, if I'm not mistaken. Are you using the Wahoo app on your phone and Zwift from a PC?

Perhaps, when using the Wahoo app to do the spindown and then going into Zwift, both the Wahoo app and Zwift are technically connected to the trainer at the same time, and having an argument over who is in control?

Try disconnecting from the trainer in the Wahoo app first, or completely closing the app, before going into Zwift, if you are not already doing that anyway.

Howsit, I'm using both Wahoo and Zwift from my phone. I do the spin down in Wahoo and then completely close the Wahoo App before opening and linking into Zwift. One suggestion was removing the cadence sensor from my pedal arm and using the cadence sensor from the Kikcr only as this might be causing a connection conflict. Will try that out now and see if this resolves the issue and let you know. Thanks

2 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

What if you do the spindown calibration on Zwift?

I was about to say this too. Don't bother with the Wahoo app at all.

Another place you can manually turn adjust / override your resistance is on your Garmin head unit, check if this setting is on its lowest / off? Alternatively, check the Wahoo app or Zwift if somehow your resistance has been adjusted manually?