Tubeless Road bike tyre's, what to get.

PappaWatTrap

Hi Everyone 

I have friend that recently bought a secondhand Giant Contend with tubeless tyre's on.

The tyre's are close to then end of their life.

What tyres would you guys recommend  he replace it with? 

He is training for the half Ironman and he would probably sell the bike at the end of it.

He just started cycling and wouldn't necessarily need the top or fastest tyres, just something that will as far as possible stop him from getting a puncture. 

7 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

Hi Everyone 

I have friend that recently bought a secondhand Giant Contend with tubeless tyre's on.

The tyre's are close to then end of their life.

What tyres would you guys recommend  he replace it with? 

He is training for the half Ironman and he would probably sell the bike at the end of it.

He just started cycling and wouldn't necessarily need the top or fastest tyres, just something that will as far as possible stop him from getting a puncture. 

I swear by Pirelli Cinturato Velo

On my 4th set, puncture resistance is tops, my last set last 10 000km as tubeless for me, a guy at work that I gave them to will run them with tubes for probably another 5 - 10 000km. 

Edited by The Ouzo

You will typically only get anecdotal responses here, very few people have tried enough combos enough time to give a proper data-driven response.

I'd go to https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews?orderby=pr and sort by puncture resistance and then choose one of the top ones with an OK rolling resistance.

This turns out to be the Cinturato Velo as well, so maybe anecdotal evidence is ok too :)

10 minutes ago, dexterdent said:

You will typically only get anecdotal responses here, very few people have tried enough combos enough time to give a proper data-driven response.

I'd go to https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews?orderby=pr and sort by puncture resistance and then choose one of the top ones with an OK rolling resistance.

This turns out to be the Cinturato Velo as well, so maybe anecdotal evidence is ok too :)

occasionally people do a little research before buying things and then pass on real world feedback.

It doesnt happen often, I know, but occasionally it does. :) 

B.T.W. I'm also using them on a Giant Contend.

IMG_1643.jpeg

Edited by The Ouzo

I have now 6100km on my Goodyears with one known puncture.  Guessing I will get around 10000km on the set if all goes well.