Outsurance Bicycle cover. Interesting

DaSH82

OUTsurance Bicycle cover will help you blow the rest of the peleton away. Our comprehensive, world-wide cover will ensure that your valuable bicycle is protected against fire, theft, loss or accidental damage, regardless of whether you're out on a training ride, competing in a race or simply transporting your bicycle with you.

With OUTsurance Bicycle cover you don't need to take out household contents insurance just to get your bicycle and accessories covered,* or worry about having to take out additional cover every time you participate in a cycling event, either here in South Africa or abroad.

Cover is available for everyday leisure cycling, road-based time trials, as well as semi-professional racing and competitive cycling.

What are the benefits?

Complete protection - every time you get on - whether you are racing, training or riding socially.

Worldwide coverage - take part in cycling events around the world, like the European ?Trans Alps Race?, without the hassle of having to take out additional cover.

Standalone cover - you don't have to insure your household contents just to specify your bicycle and accessories*.

Additional optional benefits:

Personal Accident Cover - of R25,000 (Death, Permanent or Temporary Disability).

Automatic Personal Legal Liability up to R5,000,000 if you choose to insure your household contents with us as well.

* provided your premiums are above R100 per month

Your bicycle and accessories are protected against:

All Risks

Loss or Damage

Theft

Hijacking

Damage During Transit (i.e. while on a roof-rack, in the boot or in a trailer)

Damage During Training

While participating in sporting events (no limit)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... came across this while checking out cyclingnews....

quite interesting... sounds decent...

I am insured with them before i saw this... hopefully i never have to use it... but if i do.. lets hope they are as good as they say they are... :)

And the minute your claim is R10,000 or more you will be out of pocket as well. Outsurance bargain on the fact that you dont have a broker, will therefore have less knowledge and they will therefore be far more effective in repudiating your claim helping you to be out of pocket. Remeber will banks and insurance companies the customer always comes second.

OUTsurance Bicycle cover will help you blow the rest of the peleton away. Our comprehensive' date=' world-wide cover will ensure that your valuable bicycle is protected against fire, theft, loss or accidental damage, regardless of whether you're out on a training ride, competing in a race or simply transporting your bicycle with you.

With OUTsurance Bicycle cover you don't need to take out household contents insurance just to get your bicycle and accessories covered,* or worry about having to take out additional cover every time you participate in a cycling event, either here in South Africa or abroad.

Cover is available for everyday leisure cycling, road-based time trials, as well as semi-professional racing and competitive cycling.

What are the benefits?

Complete protection - every time you get on - whether you are racing, training or riding socially.

Worldwide coverage - take part in cycling events around the world, like the European ?Trans Alps Race?, without the hassle of having to take out additional cover.

Standalone cover - you don't have to insure your household contents just to specify your bicycle and accessories*.

Additional optional benefits:

Personal Accident Cover - of R25,000 (Death, Permanent or Temporary Disability).

Automatic Personal Legal Liability up to R5,000,000 if you choose to insure your household contents with us as well.

* provided your premiums are above R100 per month

Your bicycle and accessories are protected against:

All Risks

Loss or Damage

Theft

Hijacking

Damage During Transit (i.e. while on a roof-rack, in the boot or in a trailer)

Damage During Training

While participating in sporting events (no limit) [/quote']

And the minute your claim is R10' date='000 or more you will be out of pocket as well. Outsurance bargain on the fact that you dont have a broker, will therefore have less knowledge and they will therefore be far more effective in repudiating your claim helping you to be out of pocket. Remeber will banks and insurance companies the customer always comes second.

[/quote']

Spoken like a broker, or someone with an interest in another insurance solution?

Well one lesson I have had to learn the hard way is don't take it for granted that if you insure your bike for X amount that's what you will get out.

It's either under or over ,but never correctly insured. Loves how the assessor always comes up with a hundred and ten reasons not to pay you out the full amount and actually manages to look as if it's hurting him to give you the bad news.

Very true wisecrack... I suppose at the end of the day, we hope that we will get what we paid for... has anyone who is insured with cyclesure got a quote to see what the difference is?

also thinking of insurance for my ride but first want to get a estimate from my lbs before contacting outsurance.

I am insured with Pedal Care.  Had an accident last week and they paid out within 2 days of me putting in the claim!  Brilliant service from Riccardo.  Thanks.

Wow you were lucky I waited 2 months for them to finally sort things out.

Must admit that paper work was partially to blame and the fact that I refused to sign on the first offer they offered me.

I have insured my new cervelo with them again as I have received good service from Petro after all is said and done.

also thinking of insurance for my ride but first want to get a estimate from my lbs before contacting outsurance.

Just some advice get some insurance sooner rather than later and get it insured for what it's going to cost to be replaced.