Your favourite and best performing supplement..

Old school

What supplement brand do you use?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What supplement brand do you use?

• FiT
    • EVOX
    • USN
    • BIOGEN
    • Energy Dynamics

Energade. Pick 'n Pay has a special on them again at R18 for 1l concentrate = R3.60 a litre.

More seriously Energade (blend of naartjie and mixed berry) with a 4:1 mixture of Whey protein added.

.... and many Pilsner Urquel's as a recovery drink afterwards.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Energade. Pick 'n Pay has a special on them again at R18 for 1l concentrate = R3.60 a litre.

More seriously Energade (blend of naartjie and mixed berry) with a 4:1 mixture of Whey protein added.

.... and many Pilsner Urquel's as a recovery drink afterwards.

I find that the Energade and Powerade concentrate gives me a huge headache after the ride.CryDead It even sometimes starts during the ride, if it is a long one. Has tried all different kinds of mix ratios, no change. Wanted to use it during training rides instead of the normal Energy Dynamics stuff I use during races, as it is more cost effective.

We train on water and bananas. Occasionaly may take a PVM energy bar. This includes 4hr+ rides. May stop along the way at a cafe and get a Coke but that's pretty rare.

Race on Fit carbo supreme, Supe Goos, Bananas and PVM energy bars.

On a cold day you can break a tooth on those bars .................

Used PVM during the Epic - was losing so much weight during traning had to take suppliments - only seem to need them on 3 hour + rides otherwise water and an early strong good coffee will see me through

I use water in training, but I use Cytomax for racing or long ride or hard training. I also use whey Protein drink ( after hard work-out). Cytomax is expensive to buy, but it worked out alot cheaper than other products in the long run.

I use Biogen when carbo loading , is great stuff and not very expensive.

Then Cytomax for racing

I used to use energy dynamix but found it tasted really nasty once warm and halfway through a race, a sports nutritionalist also recommended me not to take it other than in time trials as it is sugar based and not too good for long events compared to other makes.

Diamant's High Endurance Energy powder, chews and protein shake.  It works, it's kosher and it's cheap!

I use Enduren and find it works pretty well and isn't too expensive.

It also doesn't have any colouring or other additives and is gluten free which means it doesn't affect my sinus.  Any sports drinks with colourant gives me lots of phlegm which is the last thing you need on a ride.   Only down side is the taste at the beginning of a ride, I find it gets better as I go along.

I have found Biogen to be the best supplement around, but I cannot afford to use it constantly. I am using USN Fast grow as a post-ride meal replacement/protein shake and Cytomax for racing. I have not found USN products to be of great quality or benefit, USN is cheaper than most other products though; hence my experience with it. If I were to choose, I would stick with Biogen products; they are surprisingly impressive for a local company. 

Apple juice !!!

I often use apple or red grape juice mixed with water, cheap and its readly available.