JOOSTENBERG IN PICTURES

The Kid

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Titus Ti, the SV's are plenty strong as of late, if you look at the gaps in time between last years winning Elite bunch and SV bunch this season it might shock youShocked

Times don't mean anything unfortunatley, do you guys race for a good finishing time? I know the Elites don't. I'm not saying that they're not strong, I'm saying that they're racing there because they're admitting they can't hack it with the Elites. Fish in a pond syndrome, evreyone wants to be the big fish, if you go to where the fish aren't very big your odds improve.

No .....Titus this season completely changed and allot of effort was put in by dif. teams to make it tactical as possible...... trust me. Most of the sub vets dont race anymore to improve their time , because they already achieved what they wanted (seeding wise). If you want to race sub vets to improve r time you wasting r time. to tecnical. BUUUUUUT..... this season was very tecnical and fast... love it.....

I have to say, after I puntured on Sunday, I went and hung out at the back of the SV bunch, you guys were giving it some stick which is quite nice compared to last year when there was alot of pottering about, what changed and why aren't some of the better guys moving up to Elite?

TitusTi: a lot of guys actually have some good form, and are taking the racing to the bunch, instead of sitting around waiting for the sprint. Guys aren't afraid to attack the main contenders, and the main guys know if they don't respond, the rider with the b*lls to attack will stay away. It's how I managed to actually get a podium...I trained a lot more, built up some power and kept attacking Thumbs%20Up..we've had four races with avg's of 40km/h or above...I'll bet it's a first in years for the SV's...

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'd like to see how the top 10 SV's for past season would do in the Elite group, I think they would stay hack it there, I really do. Tell me Titus, did the Elites standards also go up? And no, we not riding for time, I?m saying riding a tactical race the over all times at the end of the day is faster than last season. Just like the Elites are riding tactically but still finishing with the fastest times.

CVANC, no comment! freako!

I have to say' date=' after I puntured on Sunday, I went and hung out at the back of the SV bunch, you guys were giving it some stick which is quite nice compared to last year when there was alot of pottering about, what changed and why aren't some of the better guys moving up to Elite?[/quote']

Good question - we rode Elite last season and most of us coped ok with Robby competing well. Dave Garrett is doing well in Elites but he did not win routinely in SV - I think at the front of both fields you could interchange riders and find the guys with the best finishes could still win in either league. As you move further down the group the difference gets a bit bigger I think.

The racing is a little slower in SV but as a result we get a better race with more people featuring and making the racing. It does not mean that there are guys who could move up and do ok in Elite but that they are getting a good quality of race in the SV.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'd like to see how the top 10 SV's for past season would do in the Elite group' date=' I think they would stay hack it there, I really do. Tell me Titus, did the Elites standards also go up? And no, we not riding for time, I?m saying riding a tactical race the over all times at the end of the day is faster than last season. Just like the Elites are riding tactically but still finishing with the fastest times.

[/quote']

I think the 2 leagues should be combined then split out after 3 races into a A and B cat as I think the vets are beginning to get competitive but I don't think ego's will handle this?

I'd like to see how the top 10 SV's for past season would do in the Elite group' date=' I think they would stay hack it there, I really do. Tell me Titus, did the Elites standards also go up? And no, we not riding for time, I?m saying riding a tactical race the over all times at the end of the day is faster than last season. Just like the Elites are riding tactically but still finishing with the fastest times.

[/quote']

I think the 2 leagues should be combined then split out after 3 races into a A and B cat as I think the vets are beginning to get competitive but I don't think ego's will handle this?

100% agree - which bringsus full circle back to the cat system in the UK etc - ability and not age.

With the Malmesbury ride in the beginning of the year i said to Fatty that we should rather attack and ride much more agressive and have a &%@& time tan just sitting in the bunch. The motto became :" if you pop u pop" It is a nice change of "scenery"

but after that u know that the race was interesting and fun. (?) Shaun did that a couple of times so did Fatty and it worked ones.

i rather be known as a worker and somebody that like to make things interesting than somebody just sitting in the bunch and sprint for 25th place?  CRAZY......

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/020106/020106NA6_prv.gif

It certainly does make it more interesting, if you drop off attacking at least you've contributed, if you drop sitting at the back all day, what have you really acheived?