MTN Cycling Team ?

Brakkies Sport Fotos

MTN South Africa has cycling added to its sport sponsorship portfolio. MTN has secured the sponsorship of the Pro Team cyclists, an obvious choice in entering the growing sport of cycling as they represent some of the best talent in the country.

The Pro Team comprises some of the most accomplished in cycling professionals in the country including Malcolm Lange, Nicholas White, Daniel Spence, Daryl Impey, Neil MacDonald, Waylon Woolcock, Douglas Ryder and Jamie Ball.

?Sport sponsorship remains an important focus for MTN South Africa, with recent investments into popular spectator sports of soccer and cricket at both local and international levels. South Africa is a keen sporting nation and we believe involvement in sport adds value to our customers beyond our services,? states Bernice Samuels, head of marketing of MTN South Africa.

The Pro Team solely sponsored by Microsoft till the end of 2006 will now have a new joint custodian in MTN from November 2006. The intention is that in 2007 the Pro Team will be renamed to be known as The MTN Microsoft Cycling Team and from 2008 as the MTN Cycling Team.

Douglas Ryder, member of the Pro Team says, ?It is very exciting to have another global sponsor like MTN show their support for this rapidly growing sport. For the past five years we have enjoyed wonderful support from Microsoft and are looking forward to a mutually beneficial relationship with MTN, another excellent household brand that many South Africans interact with on a daily basis.?

The sponsorship will also give South African sport development an injection. These sponsored high profiled professional cyclists will be tasked with promoting a healthy lifestyle and encourage participation in cycling through their affiliation to the MTN Cycling Academy. Their endorsement and encouragement will contribute to building the sport to produce cyclists with world-class competitive ability.

For MTN the commitment starts at home. ?We have also identified a large demand from staff for support of an internal cycling club and are eager to encourage staff participation in this area.? says Samuels. MTN?s internal staff cycling club will be incorporated into the current Club 100, to form one of South Africa?s largest cycling clubs, which will be known as MTN Club 100 from January 2007. ?Membership to MTN Club 100 is open to all cyclists, from beginner to licensed, who wish to join? concludes Samuels.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Club 100 has to fork out another R800+ for new kit.

Was it the new kit that MS was riding the 94.7 with? Does anybody have a pic of the the kit MS used during the race? I did not recognise them during the broadcast and I think it was bad for the sponsor. Everybody was looking for the orange kit and here they come with that bland blue/green outfit.

Was it the new kit that MS was riding the 94.7 with? Does anybody have a pic of the the kit MS used during the race? I did not recognise them during the broadcast and I think it was bad for the sponsor. Everybody was looking for the orange kit and here they come with that bland blue/green outfit.

Less Is sometimes more!LOL

Not friendly to fishermen avatar you have TNT1. Are you a bunny hugger that wants to stop fishing, hunting foxes and take milk away from humans because calves are starving!!!!!!!

Not friendly to fishermen avatar you have TNT1. Are you a bunny hugger that wants to stop fishing' date=' hunting foxes and take milk away from humans because calves are starving!!!!!!![/quote']

Well it was that or this...

http://h1.ripway.com/TNT1/Pics/226og.gif

and no, I can't really stand bunny huggers.

Wat het geword van die gerugte dat Tiaan Kannemeyer vir hulle sou ry. Want ek sien nie sy naam op hulle lys nie maar wel Jamie Ball.

Guest colonel

Tiaan spoke to them but they never went with him for certain reasons. I heard he was going to Harmony?

I am glad to hear Jamie is with them, i like Jamie and think he is a very strong rider, maybe his best days were with HSBC, I hope he can rekindle that form again

My inside sources tell me that MTN will be sponsoring a set of kit for all current club members - think I'll look nice in yellow - probably not, maybe I should go with blue.

My inside sources tell me that MTN will be sponsoring a set of kit for all current club members - think I'll look nice in yellow - probably not' date=' maybe I should go with blue.

[/quote']

i really do not look good in yellow & yellow does NOT go with my cervelo. 

the yellow shorts also tend to go a slightly transparent in the rain - really not that flattering!