Officialdom and cheating

mallo

Thanks. Ja... me' date=' myself and I. Our team meetings are very short.

But then, I am an only child, I don't play well with others!

Sorry replying to Sean, "Hey, well done for your results in the VSS, DvG. If I'm not mistaken, your team comprises, er, well, it's just you. Correct?"
[/quote']

Half-wheeling your shadow on training rides must be interesting...

Ha, ha, I do manage to ride that bugger off from time to time but only on overcast days.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't our CSA officials deal decisively with matters at hand. At the Dome to Dome "Anton Oberholzer" done a late entry and through his coniving convinced the ladies he is part of the Super series hence he got an entry into the race and ended 3rd in the race.(How does a late entrant get into a seeded start)I suspect the same CSA aunty gave him the entry because he is demanded it.

1: He did NOT pay his R250-00 to be part of the series as all the other riders did(Until Thursday afternoon he was not listed as a participant in the Super-series)I will personally apologize to him if he can show proof of payment and retract this statement

2He has the gall to demand payment be made at the prize giving because he finished third which rightly he did.But how do you give such a person money not due to him, effectively he cheated another rider out of the super series prize money which they contributed towards from their R250-00 entry fee to the series.

3: Enter the CSA officials and they demand the Super series organizer will hand over the money because he was allowed to enter by their people and has the right to the prize money.

Does this mean the chief referee will rule based on his interpretation or based on facts before him. I wonder if CSA will be bold enough and pay the fourth placed ride the monies due to him since they allowed this to happen if it is proven that Anton did not enter the series.

Mallo you have a valid argument but you are venting your spleen at the wrong people. the CSA is based in Cape Town and rarely attend races or weekend events other than National road / track Champs. 1st start with the organisers of the event and work down from there and then you might find the right people to complain about. my guess its your province's officials that officiated the event.   

Mallo you have a valid argument but you are venting your spleen at the wrong people. the CSA is based in Cape Town and rarely attend races or weekend events other than National road / track Champs. 1st start with the organisers of the event and work down from there and then you might?find the right people to complain about. my guess its?your province's officials that officiated the event. ??

I am convinced I saw some CSA okes there?

Ito the wrong okes in the wrong start group, write to the chief commissaire as he is (by default) responsible for ensuring that the right peeps start where they must. Please write to support@cyclingsa.com for best results.

It's perhaps a little off topic but OB also = lightest bike in the peloton smiley4.gif

He has...........it does not even have bar tape.....LOL

On a lighter note' date=' that Scott of his is beautiful, just needs bar tape and a good owner.
[/quote']

I am willing to bet money that that bike breaks the rules as well. That thing is definitely below the 6.8kg specification...

It's perhaps a little off topic but OB also = lightest bike in the peloton smiley4.gif

He has...........it does not even have bar tape.....LOL

On a lighter note' date=' that Scott of his is beautiful, just needs bar tape and a good owner.
[/quote']

I am willing to bet money that that bike breaks the rules as well. That thing is definitely below the 6.8kg specification...

Well nobody weighs the bikes before a Vets race. Come to think of it, I haven't ever seen any bike weighing at any international or local Elite event I've covered in the past 18 years. Scott's new road bikes are under 6kgs. The guys at Scott think the UCI bike weight rules are outdated. So do I.

the less said about ob the better ,about 5years back he was broke owes me140k and now drivesw a ferrari go figure,no respect for the man i for one am not scared of him

Agreed - I would not be surprized if it weighs in under 6kgs.

My position on this is that I would not lodge a complaint for a bike that is too light - on the flattish routes we race, 500 grams wont make a big difference.

But somebody could lodge a complaint about this. What will happen then? Perhaps a disciplinary hearing & possible fine will be applied? Or stripping of his points? If we stick to the letter of the rule book, a bike under 6.8kgs is cheating.

the less said about ob the better ' date='about 5years back he was broke owes me140k and now drivesw a ferrari go figure,no respect for the man i for one am not scared of him[/quote'] Can't you sue him for payment? You obviously had a contract Chucky! Really sad guy this!

Agreed - I would not be surprized if it weighs in under 6kgs.

My position on this is that I would not lodge a complaint for a bike that is too light - on the flattish routes we race' date=' 500 grams wont make a big difference.

But somebody could lodge a complaint about this. What will happen then? Perhaps a disciplinary hearing & possible fine will be applied? Or stripping of his points? If we stick to the letter of the rule book, a bike under 6.8kgs is cheating.

[/quote']

Then you'll have to weigh everyone's bikes. I guarantee two things:

1. You'll find quite a few more than just one bike under 6.8kgs

2. You'll have to delay the race start somewhat

what is the reasoning behind bike weights beiing limited to 6.8 kg ?

It's a UCI ruling mostly to ensure safety and a reasonable level of equality in terms of equipment. However, technology has advanced considerably since the ruling was put in place which makes it possible to make a very safe bike over 1 kilo lighter that the UCI's minimum weight.

what is the reasoning behind bike weights beiing limited to 6.8 kg ?

It's a UCI ruling mostly to ensure safety and a reasonable level of equality in terms of equipment. However' date=' technology has advanced considerably since the ruling was put in place which makes it possible to make a very safe bike over 1 kilo lighter that the UCI's minimum weight.

[/quote']

Thumbs%20Up

I would love to see a person being disqualified for an "illegal" bike. Imagine MTN riding in "Legalise my Raleigh" kit. Not that that is possible, the bike being too lite not the kit part.

Morning ccc2 You mistaken my friend.The organizer and CGC official was prepared to withold his prize money until confirmation was received that he duly is a participant in the Series enter the CSA officials who was the official comms for the day and the other rather large gentleman (this after the security was called nearer due to OB and other dude started using kind words) and made it quite clear to Bruce " You will give him the prize money because he entered the race and was allowed to ride in the category even though the questions was asked prior to the start when we noticed he had a VS number on" Why did these officials not check then or do the right thing and withold the money until clarity was confirmed.

There is no need to lodge an official complaint when the result is a forgone conclusion already.(race organizer rep and series organizer already overruled by the referee on day of event.Please remember this is a discussion forum and has no bearing on the officialdom and their decision, I am sure very few if any of them read these threads. IS OB going to give money back- My bet-NO.

I have no beef with the CSA officialdom but must stress if this sport is to be cleaned up it has to happen from top down, all the favours of the past has to be dumped and every cyclists treated in the same manner, the days of my mother/father knowing so and so and I owe you because you done this for me is what killing this sport. No wonder some juniors has no respect for the officials and treat them like rubbish purely because they can.

By the way the cabel amongst the officials is what needs to be broken, have you ever wonder why each province does not have their own officials running events in their juristriction and those that say they don't get paid must think again,although the remuneration is minimal it is there and they chose to do the job and keep out others that want to get in the system.