How to go 25kmph........?

[quote=GreyOwl2.0]www.roche.com

EPO injectable will switch that 25kph to 25mph!

GreyOwl version 2.0.....hmmmmm....welcome back....Ready for another ripoff???

hey xtc choke, gedra vir jou. of gaan speel op ander plek

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think as little about that climb as you possibly can. It'll just become a mental ascent rather than a physical one. Otherwise just ride lots and race as often as you can. Failing that, just lower your expectations... Wink

You need not beat yourself up on training.

Consider training smart.

Read a bit about training.  Buy "Serious Cycling" and "Cycling 101" for starters.  Also consider "Endurance Cycling".

Once you have read these books, design yourself a focused training programme.

For starters include one day of hill intervals, starting at about 1% less than the climb you want to do and about half the length.  Do about 5 or six of these below LT in each session (oncve a week), in order to get your climbing technique sorted out.  Then after about three weeks gradually increase the length and gradient (ie find a steaper long hill).  Again sort out your technique before even starting with power intervals.

You still have a long time to go.

This is how I would go about it. Get the Polar 16 week training programme or devise your own. The basic principal is that you work in 4 week blocks. Weeks 1/5/9/13 being recovery weeks building up to weeks 4/8/12/16.

Each ride of each week also needs to build up in intensity for that week. 

20081007_073246_Picture2.jpg

suikerbossie is all in the mind i got dropped out of the A bunch there this year all because i knew it was coing and started thinking too hard about it all you need to do is asses who is the strongest in your bunch in the begining and if he is still there at the bottom of the climb stick on his wheel but if he is one of those clowns that is up the road and then back then dont use him use the guys that are in the front or therabouts the whole race and that are calm and not stressed the whole ride they will be the most consistant up the hill and will probably ride away from the nervous riders and put three min into the rest of the bunch at the end

also kona points out a very good point there your hills should be done gradually and not a climbing session crammed into a week before cycle tour

other than that stick in the first ten riders and Dont work and you should be fresh enough to stay with the guys for the sprint!!!!

Milky

What group did you start in and what was your race time "Just need to understand why you need 25km/h on Suikerbossie Damn thats fast.

G 03:03:53
 - cause I got dropped & don't want to go through that humiliation again coming so close to a sub3 yet so far.

Milky

What group did you start in and what was your race time "Just need to understand why you need 25km/h on Suikerbossie Damn thats fast.

- cause I got dropped & don't want to go through that humiliation again coming so close to a sub3 yet so far.

Well that's easy to solve. Just tell people you did a two-sixty-three.

Well that's easy to solve. Just tell people you did a two-sixty-three.

LOL!! Good One SB never really thought about it that way but would certainly be using it future conversations.LOL

Me and BBB used that at Groot Marico, LBB says we rode 2:45 or whatever and how did you do? My boet chirps also 2 something in fact 2:71 ! Cracked them up ...........

Originally posted by Jamis1

Milky

Milky

I can only give advise out of personal experience I am not a pro trainer but I came from a 3:28:?? Argus In 2006 to 2:55:?? 2007 and 2:53:?? 2008. I am 38 years old and currently training for the Cape-Epic

First of all make sure your weight is under control if you carry excess weight it will tire you out on hills like Smitswinkel , Chappies and by the time you hit Suikerbossie your legs are gone. IF you are capable of sitting with the bunch up Smits & Chappies the only reason why you will go off on Suikerbossie is if your endurance clutches or your fueling through the race is not adequate.

As Dirtbreath pointed out a well structured program with the Argus as goal is the only way to progress to the next level. It is very important to build a solid base before you start with interval training. The Polar 16 & 12 week programs are a good guideline to start on, if you contact Cycle Lab they can also assist with programs.

The golden rule stick to the program .Some times you feel stupid sitting at 50-70% of your Max Heart rate while everybody else trying to show of their new found power but it works

Trying to hammer hills without a solid base will not give you the desired results.

If you pm me your E-Mail I will send you my program for 2008 12 weeks before the Argus

And 3:03:00 out of G you are not to far off  

Milky

Hey...I also JUST missed my sub 3 this yearCryCryConfused

I was also in G @ the Argus & there was very little chance of a sub-3 from that group.  36 out of 630 did it.

It looks like Milky came in the top 20% which seems respectable. 

So is no.1 priority not going faster up S'bossie or getting a sub-3?

If it's the latter, then getting a better seeding will help a lot - which is easier if you do more hill training. 

I just caught the "Rip off" comment!! ...Dura Ace to be posted within the next couple days!

Milky, thats not a bad time...sometimes if you worry too much about being dropped or not performing, you tend to set yourself up to do just that.

I'd say let the 'chips fall where they may' and let the race take its course. You never know, you may be the one pacing the ever holy cr@p out of your group up Suikerbossie...

Well I just thinking that if I was able to go up Suikerbossie at the point in the race at that speed, I surely would've aced a sub3.
milky41302008-10-07 16:01:38