tubeless

cat-i

LOL The testimonials speak for themselves

een a victim of Stan

"OK, OK. I hate to say it but I've been a victim of Stan's now too. They're great while they hold air, but as soon as that bubble bursts (pun intended) it's a serious PIA (yes, I said serious too - and I don't really like to be serious).<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The handling at lower pressure was nice, but then when the pressure gets down around zero the handling really goes downhill (or doesn't when you wish it would). [Matt, somewhere in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Colorado]

"This is great. I HAVE been living in Stan's "no-tubes hell" -- cost me 30 minutes on my lap time, and a brand new tire at SnowShoe 3 weeks ago.

So I shelled out the 65 bucks and got myself a kit and installed it and have been having nothing but problems with it since then. I hate no-tubes. I'll never race with them again after my suck-ass laps at SnowShoe" ["ERX" location unknown]

I f'ing hate No Tubes. They could be more aptly marketed as: You're a Tube, No Air, Need More Air, More Pump or Pump 'a Chump, etc. I specifically removed them before my FFTF trip so that I did not have to bear the pain Jed so well evidenced. Flatted but once.

I spent $60 on the kit with s/h, an hour of my time drilling, soaping, installing kit and 5 minutes ripping it all apart and putting my tubes back in. Oh yeah, I dropped another $125 on a (crappy) compressor at Home Depot just to install them. I may just wrap a piece of poo in my worthless rim strips, light on fire and ding-dong-ditch Senor Stan when next in his environs." [sean, currently in witness protection program due to his Stan's comments]

a serious PIA (yes, I said serious too - and I don't really like to be serious).

The handling at lower pressure was nice, but then when the pressure gets down around zero the handling really goes downhill (or doesn't when you wish it would). [Matt, somewhere in Colorado]

"This is great. I HAVE been living in Stan's "no-tubes hell" -- cost me 30 minutes on my lap time, and a brand new tire at SnowShoe 3 weeks ago.

So I shelled out the 65 bucks and got myself a kit and installed it and have been having nothing but problems with it since then. I hate no-tubes. I'll never race with them again after my suck-ass laps at SnowShoe" ["ERX" location unknown]

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again another poe@@p@l that can not even change a tyre on his car never mind doing a proper tubeless conversion !! Cost him 30 minutes on his lap time !!!! Somebody must show this bloke how to put a tube into his tyre and inflate it in less than 5 minutes ! At last years Logwood Classic I tried to bunny hop a fallen rider and cut my tyre on his handlebar end . I had to put in a tube and use my last R50 for a gater and still manage to catch up to KC again . (which reminds me , where is KC ??)

• 4 weeks later...

Tubes se hol' date=' tubleless rule!!!!

[/quote']

Very enlightening  Confused

But it doesn't answer the question !

It should.  Stick the tube into the first part of the sentence and then ride without them, EASY

I supose i should also bitch about Stans...........not,

I had my first puncture in 12 months on Satuday and this is still the same tubles tyres. the Stans sous was replaced about 6 months ago wne i broke a spoke nipple.

So I believe I got excelet service from both my Maxix Crosmaks tyres and Uncle Stans.

I dont know what the milage is but it should be quite a bit. I did all my 2006 epic training andnd the epic as well as as many races as I could fit in after the Epic.

But back to the puncture, Removed Tyre + Valve replaced the tube and inflated easy peasy. we even caught our bunch again.

Tubeless rules!!!

Yeah, been over this before as well! I ride a hell of alot, I think I've had about 5 punctures with the tubeless conversion in all this time, after I put a tube in I then get more punctures, now that's annoying!

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh tubeless, a wolf in sheeps clothing my brother calls it! I have been running Joe's with normal Maxxis Crossmarks (non-UST) now for 3 months on both my HT and FS.

Have had a few (4 or 5 that I know of!) punctures that have sealed. Also had 1 that would only seal up to 30PSI, any harder and the Joe's would come flying out. I filled that short cut with Superglue and now it seals to whatever PSI's. I know that it works since when I checked my tyres to see how much sealant was still in before Sabie experience there was very little. Topped up easy!

As for traction, handling etc., the way I ride that's not my biggest problem!! So can't comment.

Noticed though that the rear has already worn down considerably compared to other tyres I have ridden. Byron had a sidewall cut at Sabie experience and as DR says pretty much in the same time it would take to fix a normal puncture (strip out, tube in, bombed!) we were off again, max 2-3 mins. I think one of the problems that people have is that they think tubeless will plug any hole no matter how big or long in the case of a sidewall cut. We take the view that if Joe's has not sealed it to continue riding (i.e. the wheel is flat!), pop in a tube and sort the problem out after the ride. You would have had to do that anyway were it a 'tubed' tyre!

After a sidewall cut beginning December I have been running a tube on my back wheel . What a bloody ball-ache . I have to put a bloody new tube in everytime I go for a ride . There is just no ways you can go over a thorn bush with tubes in ur tyres !!!

DR - you to lazy to put a patch on the inside to cover the cut? Or is it to long/big?

We put a patch inside Byron's and he's riding it like that since early Dec no problem!