Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

I went to that concert, the venue and sound let them down.

They were incredible at the Blues Room.

they also played in durbs...forget what the venue was, but it was good. Must have been around 91 or 92?

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome !!! I can only wish to play guitar like that .... I would love to see Floyd live, alas ... I don't think that will happen. But at least I did see Roger Waters live.

Gilmour to me is the reason of their success and the reason their legacy lives on.

He is an exceptional musician and also holds the Pink Floyd brand close to his heart.

If you listen to his On an Island solo album you immediately make a connection with Pink Floyd.

You will get 4 types of Floyd fans.

The Syd Barrett fans.

Roger Waters Fans.

David Gilmour fans.

……..and last but not least, the "We don 't need no education" fans.

The original Behind Blue Eyes by The Who ,on their album Who's Next has a kickarse little piece of rock near the end.

When my fist clenches cut it open before I use it to lose my cool.

When I smile tell me some bad news before I laugh and act like a fool.

And if I swallow anything evil stick your fingers down my throat.

If I shiver please give me a blanket, to keep me warm let me wear your coat.

Edited by Blokman

Gilmour to me is the reason of their success and the reason their legacy lives on.

He is an exceptional musician and also holds the Pink Floyd brand close to his heart.

If you listen to his On an Island solo album you immediately make a connection with Pink Floyd.

The Syd Barrett fans.

Roger Waters Fans.

David Gilmour fans.

what's the female equivalent of "jou balsak sal hoendervleis kry"

you forgot one ...like me that just knows I love and appreciate what I hear, even if I don't know who's behind it.

you forgot one ...like me that just knows I love and appreciate what I hear, even if I don't know who's behind it.

That's mind in the gutter stuff :whistling: :whistling:

The Syd Barrett fans.

Roger Waters Fans.

David Gilmour fans.

I am not a big fan at all...but I think that Crazy Diamond 1-5 is one of the best guitar solo's (plural) and perfectly harmonised with all the other instruments

disclaimer: I prefer bluesy/jazzy guitar solos myself

As much as I love Pink Floyd, that "we dont need no eductation " I hate. Purely because many associate that one tune with pf.

As much as I love Pink Floyd, that "we dont need no eductation " I hate. Purely because many associate that one tune with pf.

is that such a bad thing? for a band to have a signature song that is. Wyatt mentioned earlier the same about The mission and "butterfly on a wheel"- it's like Joy Division - and Love will tear us apart, and SOM with Temple of Love., radiohead and creep.

It comes down to whether a band / musician that you hear is good enough to make you go find out more about their music versus just what you hear on the radio I guess, but that doesn' t make that one song bad - overplayed yeah but not bad? Another brick in the wall is a spine chilling classic in my books, along with comfortably numb, brain damage, wish you were here, learning to fly, breathe etc

is that such a bad thing? for a band to have a signature song that is. Wyatt mentioned earlier the same about The mission and "butterfly on a wheel"- it's like Joy Division - and Love will tear us apart, and SOM with Temple of Love., radiohead and creep.

It comes down to whether a band / musician that you hear is good enough to make you go find out more about their music versus just what you hear on the radio I guess, but that doesn' t make that one song bad - overplayed yeah but not bad? Another brick in the wall is a spine chilling classic in my books, along with comfortably numb, brain damage, wish you were here, learning to fly, breathe etc

Valid point Mate

The Syd Barrett fans.

Roger Waters Fans.

David Gilmour fans.

I'm the Roger Waters type.

Often one track can be good, that one hit that draws people in and introduces them to the band.

The sad part is when people only associate by one track, they lose out on the talent that really lies beneath, the band also loses out as people never get to support the band by buying their art.

Bands that have suffered under this and one that springs to mind is Soft Cell with Tainted love, there is a whole lotta goodness from Marc Almond.

Golden Earring with Radar Love, yet brilliance all round.

Billy Idol with White wedding, he and Steve Stevens could have gone on to do great stuff (not that they didn't) but his name faded in to obscurity.

Rick Springfield with Jesse's girl.

The worst of the worst for me is when you talk to people about Fleetwood Mac and they mention the track Little Lies, I cringe from my sphincter right up to my adams apple.

I'm the Roger Waters type.

Hehehe.

I didn't mind him till I read the book.

I still like his contribution to the band , his insight and stubbornness that brought us DSOTM, WYWH and Piper at the Gates.

Thanks to him we got to see the movie The Wall with Bob Geldof.

But for me the "liquid" sound that drives me nuts comes from Gilmour.

Saying that, as a solo artist :thumbup:

The pros and cons of hitchhiking and Amused to death are some of my favourite albums.