Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

arcade fire can do no wrong.

will convert you to the franz ferdinand side too.

any of you nick cave & TBS fans?

yes...i went through a phase

Often one track can be good, that one hit that draws people in and introduces them to the band.

The sad part is when people only associate by one track, they lose out on the talent that really lies beneath, the band also loses out as people never get to support the band by buying their art.

Bands that have suffered under this and one that springs to mind is Soft Cell with Tainted love, there is a whole lotta goodness from Marc Almond.

Golden Earring with Radar Love, yet brilliance all round.

Billy Idol with White wedding, he and Steve Stevens could have gone on to do great stuff (not that they didn't) but his name faded in to obscurity.

Rick Springfield with Jesse's girl.

The worst of the worst for me is when you talk to people about Fleetwood Mac and they mention the track Little Lies, I cringe from my sphincter right up to my adams apple.

With this thread I learn new things every day.I find re- recordings of songs interesting.You associate a song with a band,when it's actually the work of somebody else. Recently learned that Black Magic Woman by Santana was originally done by Fleetwood Mac . In the late 60's they were a very different band playing mainly blues.

With this thread I learn new things every day.I find re- recordings of songs interesting.You associate a song with a band,when it's actually the work of somebody else. Recently learned that Black Magic Woman by Santana was originally done by Fleetwood Mac . In the late 60's they were a very different band playing mainly blues.

agree, this thread has been a very interesting music discovery journey - had the ipad playing more obsure songs last night as I was lying in bed. Didn't know that about Black Magic Woman, but i guess it's true of quite a few songs - the people that cover it make it more famous then the original.

i don't really know fleetwood mac's music - they've never been a band that has grabbed me.

agree, this thread has been a very interesting music discovery journey - had the ipad playing more obsure songs last night as I was lying in bed. Didn't know that about Black Magic Woman, but i guess it's true of quite a few songs - the people that cover it make it more famous then the original.

i don't really know fleetwood mac's music - they've never been a band that has grabbed me.

Uni...with a set of earphones and no distractions...dedicate 4 minutes to listen to this. One of the greatest bits of music written and sung in my opinion. I feel privileged having this song represent my birth year.

and then....Everyone knows Rumours for its hits, but really give it a good listen, BUT only after listening to Fleetwood Mac (which Landslide is on)

Never really liked this band, but after Dangle posted that cool version of shout the other night, I rememebered this tune. I dig it !

One of the greatest bits of music written and sung in my opinion. I feel privileged having this song represent my birth year.

Read up a bit on it and then realized why it sounds so familiar, smashing pumpkins did a cover of it. I'm very much a musical pleb - don't know what constitutes a great song writing, what's a good riff or not - very much based on emotion - and simply do I like what I hear.

I'm definitely limited in what music I know of Fleetwood Mac other than what got a lot of radio play back in the day, will add it to my "explore more" list.

Read up a bit on it and then realized why it sounds so familiar, smashing pumpkins did a cover of it. I'm very much a musical pleb - don't know what constitutes a great song writing, what's a good riff or not - very much based on emotion - and simply do I like what I hear.

I'm definitely limited in what music I know of Fleetwood Mac other than what got a lot of radio play back in the day, will add it to my "explore more" list.

99.9% of what i listen to is based on that...discovering the intricacies of the arrangement or the meaning of the lyrics afterwards is just a bonus