Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

If you guys enjoy the old Joy Division stuff, check out a band called Interpol. Their "Turn on the Bright lights" album I rate in my top 10 best alternative/indie albums. You struggle to get faultless albums, but this one is close as dammit.

i recall uni went onto them a few pages back

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys enjoy the old Joy Division stuff, check out a band called Interpol. Their "Turn on the Bright lights" album I rate in my top 10 best alternative/indie albums. You struggle to get faultless albums, but this one is close as dammit.

i recall uni went onto them a few pages back

Yeah I stumbled onto Interpol through a review of one on my favourite SA bands- the black hotels - their sound was likened to that of Interpol and the rest was history ... Joy Divison still a class of their own though :)

lets follow it up with the my no 1 duet

ok....no 2 after frank and nancy

Thats actually very good, never heard it before but the young lass has a beautiful voice.

Most of the music I see on here is a bit to modern for me, but I liked this, its beautiful. 

Thats actually very good, never heard it before but the young lass has a beautiful voice.

Most of the music I see on here is a bit to modern for me, but I liked this, its beautiful. 

22 years ago grumpy...she is now a 50 year old lass...but it is a great song

22 years ago grumpy...she is now a 50 year old lass...but it is a great song

:D Ha, Ha, Okay, well 50 is still young in my book... still a beautiful voice, strong and clear, lovely song and a treat to listen to.

Bonnaroo has just finished and everyone was getting their knickers all twisted about chvrches...i dunno...i must be missing something

Hmmmm I'm with you there.

:D Ha, Ha, Okay, well 50 is still young in my book... still a beautiful voice, strong and clear, lovely song and a treat to listen to.

Grumpy, post some of your favourites

Hmmmm I'm with you there.

Grumpy, post some of your favourites

Yah,.... a lot of music I listen to has a Christian theme Uni, musicians like David Ruis - Sweet winds, or Don Francisco - Never let go of your hand,... music like that, you can find them on you tube if you feel like it.    

I like music that has meaning to me, I sort of have to feel a theme, emotion, it must be relative to me, sadly I dont find much modern music like that, it may be out there but I just haven't found it.

That said I like a lot of the music by the Eurythmics, Annie Lennox has a lovely voice and I think one of her best songs was the one below. Otherwise I listen to John Lennon, Mike and the Mechanics, Toni Childs, even occasionally Robbie Williams, but I stress.. occasionally!   :D 

I also like Dire Straits as your last post, Brothers in arms, Money for nothing, all great songs.

See how you enjoy Annie.