Am I the only one .... ?

markStockton

ask them what they are wearing....

tell them how glad you are that they called and that you need to speak to someone. put phone on desk and leave it for a while. Pickup 5 minutes later. If they are still there, ask them to hold on a second... and put the phone down.

wont stop them, but will amuse you no end. or maybe just me.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought with the new credit act they are no longer allowed to phone you and offer you a loanConfused It seems that times are so hard that they ignore this- I get at least one call per week.

And then there is the time share lot..... Good day sir you have won a prize..........

These are the best.... ask them if there will be snacks at the presentation. Tell them you have never won a prize before - can you bring your family? Tell them about your 4 kids, aunt Mavis and your mother in laws boyfriend who is just out of jail. I find the calls drop after this point.

Am I the only one getting numerous unsolicited (read: verbal spam) phone calls from various people trying to sell every thing from financial planning solutions to road side assistance.

Geez I've had enough. How the f##k do I get them to leave me alone? Where is the opt out link? Because I'm going to hunt down and kill a tele-marketer soon. 

Yip, just you, cause you're special and they careLOL

Got a call the other day at 22H00 from someone trying to sell insurance.  Boy did I have a field day on him.  Gave him a free lesson in: "How to read a f#$ng watch before making a call"

I dont even ask them to hold or even say good bye............just put the phone down ever so gently and let them carry on talking while I play on the hub work really hard making my great bosses rich and then check every so often if they are still there or not. Big%20smile

What about the "Call Me's" you get from people trying to sell stuff to you.

Bloody cheek, as if I'm gonna phone them to sell something to me.

I thought with the new credit act they are no longer allowed to phone you and offer you a loanConfused It seems that times are so hard that they ignore this- I get at least one call per week.

They phoned me every hour on the hour in the past (well it felt so anyway)!

When they contact you again; ask them where they got all your information from and ask them for the website name where you can remove your info.

I cannot remember which website, but unfortunately you have to register your details including your i.d number on this site, and then choose not be contacted by people that would like to sell you all kinds of 'goodies'. I know, some people do not have internet access or do not know the location of the 'on' button on a pc.

The website is sponsored by our 'wonderful' government, they are contracted to provide information to retailers with regard to people's credit ratings or something the other, which they then provide/or sell (legally) to retailers who in turn contact law abiding citizens and iretate the crap out of them.

Soooo, I just went and registered and chose not to be contacted, they've been off my back ever since!!

Talk to them, sound interested and then hang up while you are talking, see how many times they call back.

Or I just put them on speaker phone, ask the same stupid quetions over and over again. these guys are on targets for short calls and closed deals.

I just tell them i do not discuss my private fiancial situation with a stranger on the phone and not to call me again. Must admit the calls has not stopped.

I am a very lonely person and appreciate them calling me.  SO I let them talk, a lot.  After they through their script, I assess their performance, explain to them that the product they selling sucks, and that although I have appreciated their company for such a long time, no I cannot buy anything without consulting my wife.  Could they call back, say tommorrow?