Time Trial Stats

Jean-Jay

And to think..........we took it easy up suikerbosrand that day!!

(team orders where to take it easy so more people can go with)

At this stage I agree' date=' training with watts has advantages, but up to now I have never trained with it, although I did have a powertap but sold it cause I never used it. bought an ergomo cause it looks nice and brings out the color of my eyes!!

[/quote']

Thanks mate, now I really feel better LOL

sh..1t 420 for 6 min that's got to hurt, might as well pack it i then..LOL

It did, but obviously Marco vb didn't feel it too bad - if he was taking it easy, and by the top of the climb he and OB had about a 30m gap on us as well!!  They kindly slowed and waited for the rest of us to climb on.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see O'Neill won the Aussie TT champs yesterday over 39km and he pushed out 412 watts for the duration of the ride.....

• 3 years later...
Bruce ' date='in your opinion?

What would be a race winning power to weight ratio in the Vets cat?All other things being equal.
[/quote']

In the races that I have done top 5, and been part of the winning move, my power to weight at ftp has been around 4.35 w/kg.

So, for a race like the Dischem Classic (in which I came 3rd), I have an average (normalised) power of 315watts for the race (about 2h30) and I weigh 77kg so for the race I did around 4.1 w/kg for the entire duration.  In this race I was in a 3 man break for about 40km.

I dug this post up from 2007 about powerstats in the VETS racing.

I think things have changed a bit since then.

From what I heard vets racing this year is crazy, vets teams even taking podiums in elite races. Seems the vets have lifted the standard a bit in the last 3 years.

I think to podium a the vets you are

sorry pressed enter by mistake

I think to podium a the vets you are looking these days at propably 5+watts/kg

Definitely 5+ even in SV's you need at least 5.4 to hang over Ou Kaaps and there is not a big difference between Vets and SV's imo.