Time Trial Stats

Jean-Jay

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chunky.

I've seen you ride with Srm's, what saught of power are you generating in a sprint? Confused

That 500 watts dont last to long dont worry....

25 minutes is plenty long enough for me Clap

Hi Bikemax' date=' my last session i did a 20km tt at 303w, and i weigh 71kg, is this good or just average? i still get blown away on the climbs....Ouch

[/quote']

Well it's not bad at all - I would guess at an FTP of around 285-290 so 4.1w/kg - same as me. What bunch are you riding with ?

SV - you should be able to hang in there but not front bunch.
riding SV but i suffer like hell, i prefer the rolling courses to the summer league, a course like Bonnivale suites me, these climbs in the summer league just make me not want to ride, what's the point, end up getting dropped and probbaly won't get back to the front bunch, sucks....Ouch

riding SV but i suffer like hell' date=' i prefer the rolling courses to the summer league, a course like Bonnivale suites me, these climbs in the summer league just make me not want to ride, what's the point, end up getting dropped and probbaly won't get back to the front bunch, sucks....Ouch[/quote']

Don't worry Turk - I will keep you company....

may skip sundays race and just do a coffee ride, this suffering thing is horrible, and the teams don't help the situation, they burn a few of their own riders off before the climb so the rest of us are toast at the bottom...

riding SV but i suffer like hell' date=' i prefer the rolling courses to the summer league, a course like Bonnivale suites me, these climbs in the summer league just make me not want to ride, what's the point, end up getting dropped and probbaly won't get back to the front bunch, sucks....Ouch[/quote'] Listen to the wise man!! I couldn't agree more LOLWink

if i recall in previous years Fatty was one of the evil ones who put everyone in the red before the climbs, with your new team i'm sure your team leader will request the same kind of action from you? i suppose you'll be doing this again before ou kaapse?LOLLOL 

riding SV but i suffer like hell' date=' i prefer the rolling courses to the summer league, a course like Bonnivale suites me, these climbs in the summer league just make me not want to ride, what's the point, end up getting dropped and probbaly won't get back to the front bunch, sucks....Ouch[/quote'] Listen to the wise man!! I couldn't agree more LOLWink

At 71kg and 300w Turk should be ok to get up with the second bunch and then it will all come back together.

Not tying to cheer you up or anything but the climb on Sunday last looked like this...

First 4 mins 345w

Total climb 301w

I was dropped after 4 mins @ just under 5w/kg  Confused

We'll see what the man requires Embarrassed.. He better just be in the front bunch over the climb, so I can watch other people chaseLOL

If I feel anything like I did this morning, I'm going to be lucky to be at 3w/kg on Sunday.. Just couldn't get going!

may skip sundays race and just do a coffee ride' date=' this suffering thing is horrible, and the teams don't help the situation, they burn a few of their own riders off before the climb so the rest of us are toast at the bottom...[/quote']

I don't understand why you moan so much about suffering... In my view if we didn't suffer it wouldn't be called cycling. I thought my loan working lung was going to explode on Sunday in gr. C-D, but that just gave me more motivation to get stronger.

Sorry, I'm not trying to argue or sound mean Evil%20Smile I just think it's silly to hide away just because it hurts.

may skip sundays race and just do a coffee ride' date=' this suffering thing is horrible, and the teams don't help the situation, they burn a few of their own riders off before the climb so the rest of us are toast at the bottom...[/quote']

I don't understand why you moan so much about suffering... In my view if we didn't suffer it wouldn't be called cycling. I thought my loan working lung was going to explode on Sunday in gr. C-D, but that just gave me more motivation to get stronger.

Sorry, I'm not trying to argue or sound mean Evil%20Smile I just think it's silly to hide away just because it hurts.

I agree with that - I know it can be demoralising (I sure did not expect to get dropped at 300w for the climb on Sunday) but then you just got to find a way to train smarter and climb faster Wink

I totally agree with you but i just hate to suffer that's why i like the rolling courses the pain only lasts for short bursts but on the climbs it just feels like it won't end, and the food trying to creep up my throat doesn't feel quite right.....

pererace70: no-one said anything about suffering... for me is a genetic fact...due to me being built like a brick sh*thouse, I will just never ever be able to climb with the likes of Dave Garret on the front of Ou Kaapse (unless I give our mate Chunky a phonecall).. Even Chris Willemse Snr. jokingly said "jy is 'n groot stuk vleis"..

I love suffering in a race where I'm competitive. I love getting up at 5am in the morning in winter, and commuting to work in the rain dressed in 4 layers of clothing, knowing the spring season suits me. This season, with "the wall" in the beginning of the race eliminates a lot of riders.

Also, everyone talks about "getting back to the front group"...If I have Geddan there, there is no way I'm chasing, and no-one from the teams with riders up the road will chase, eliminating quite a bit of firepower from the chase group...

Make sense??

As they say, "pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever"

At 71kg and 300w Turk should be ok to get up with the second bunch and then it will all come back together.

Not tying to cheer you up or anything but the climb on Sunday last looked like this...

First 4 mins 345w

Total climb 301w

I was dropped after 4 mins @ just under 5w/kg  Confused

after a burst of 345w for 4 min i would have slowed down to snales pace to recover, and you were still able to maintain 300w, very cool, i would have probably dropped back to around 260w.....must go and climb it today and see what i power i average...