Tony Harding resigns....

snah2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Idiots, Manbat comes to mind immediately....

Groot Lem is quite an accomplished rider if you knew anything about cycling Manbat Wink.

As far as Tony is concerned, it is quite a loss to see him go. I think he was one of the very few national managers who knew what they were doing. We seem to send many people over as managers and helpers, doctors, wheel carriers but none of them have a clue as to what they are doing.

Love him or hate him he has been able to get results for SA as far as road cycling is concerned. He has laso made his fair share of stuff ups, and taken the wrap for them.

Lem, your comment about overlooking the cape riders..... I dont think you have any Cape riders capable of making the national team. It sounds a bit harsh but its a reality. All the racing happens in Gauteng except for the Giro unfortunately and if you need to prove yourself thats where you have to do it.

I can remember that if you had to show your face on the track, it had to and still has to be done in Cape town. Even though the racing on a Sat afternoon at Hector Norris park is twice as hard as Paarl Boxing day.

Unfortunatley that is the way cycling has unfolded in SA and the riders who have to perform often have to travel to do so.

Talking about Idiots' date=' Manbat comes to mind immediately....

Groot Lem is quite an accomplished rider if you knew anything about cycling Manbat Wink.

As far as Tony is concerned, it is quite a loss to see him go. I think he was one of the very few national managers who knew what they were doing. We seem to send many people over as managers and helpers, doctors, wheel carriers but none of them have a clue as to what they are doing.

Love him or hate him he has been able to get results for SA as far as road cycling is concerned. He has laso made his fair share of stuff ups, and taken the wrap for them.

Lem, your comment about overlooking the cape riders..... I dont think you have any Cape riders capable of making the national team. It sounds a bit harsh but its a reality. All the racing happens in Gauteng except for the Giro unfortunately and if you need to prove yourself thats where you have to do it.

I can remember that if you had to show your face on the track, it had to and still has to be done in Cape town. Even though the racing on a Sat afternoon at Hector Norris park is twice as hard as Paarl Boxing day.

Unfortunatley that is the way cycling has unfolded in SA and the riders who have to perform often have to travel to do so.
[/quote']

Agree with the Lem story Chunky, but not with the guys from Cape Town.  If I look at the guys in Cape Town, guys like Chris Willemse Jr, etc. I think they should be able to handle the pressure.

Ewep dont get me wrong, Chriss is a talented rider and I am sure there are a few others in Cape Town but they have never been able to make an impression.

Racing speeds are just not the same down there.

[quote name=Manbat....Trust me if you had to work with some of the idiots he had to make do with you would have given up long ago' date=' it's a miracle he got done what he did....

[/quote]

Manbat, I am sure you have some fellow workers who feel the same way about you !!!!

True, but won't the guys be able to pick up their game while doing a training camp, etc.  Another thing, some of those guys made good while overseas, that experience you can't take away from them!

But won't that be the ideal opportunity to get the guys up to speed?  Drop the lot into one team (I know I'm gonna be nailed for this, sponsorship, etc, etc) and let them ride 5 races as a team.

But in such a situation the guys from Slaapstad and all over should be included.  Get the BEST team and then only send them over.  That way this whole argument will be stopped.

Must agree with Chunky re: Cape Town Boys coming up to JHB. I personally believe that the CSC team is great team but in the wrong province. They should be up here in JHB and I am sure they will get quickly competitive with the other team; as they have more chance in a month to compete with the majority of team located here in JHB!

Chris was in JHB' date=' never cut it and was sent home.[/quote']

I thought he was only there for a few weeks...not that long to get acclimatised etc.

GL...All jokes aside I reckon you should apply for the vacancy. You have more knowledge about cycling than most people will ever know and you have a knack for picking good riders at the right time. Nothing to loose...

Guest colonel

Klapperkop: I agree CSC is a good team with good riders but if they want to make it and be considered a good Pro tema in SA they Need to stop racing in Cape Town and move and make a scene in JHB.

Anything like that on the card CW Snr??