You know what absolutely SICKENS me?

Capri Wheeler

I sincerely apologize to anybody whom this applies to but . . .

Is it just me or does it really get to you when you see someone riding a cervelo S3 or a trek madone 6.9 going up  a hill (2% gradient) at about 16km'h.
It actually sickens me and I want to punch that person in the face!

but maybe its just me...

but how do you feel?

How slow were you going to know he was doing 16km/h? Maybe you should be punched in the face?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely apologize to anybody whom this applies to but . . .

Is it just me or does it really get to you when you see someone riding a cervelo S3 or a trek madone 6.9 going up  a hill (2% gradient) at about 16km'h.
It actually sickens me and I want to punch that person in the face!

but maybe its just me...

but how do you feel?

What nonsense you speaking you fool ! Reading what you just said make me want to LUKE all over my keyboard . Enjoy your ride don't let others make you want to LUKE .

Shut up if you haven't got anything good to say !

Wait!! Does this mean I can't upgrade my Raleigh RC 3000 before the Argus.Angry

NOLOLLOL

Did you see your photo on page 10Big%20smile

NOLOLLOL

you should sell it and buy a steel bike, you are already outclassed by your steed.  (Think of all the embarrassement you are causing your poor raliegh by associating yourself with such a winning brand).  Can you imagine it in the bike part afterwards:  ML raleigh to your raleigh "gee I had such a great ride ML really gave it gas"  Your raliegh reply" the only gas I got was some second hand farts, from my owner who thinks he is a bike rider".  All trhe bikes laughWinkWinkWink

NOLOLLOL

you should sell it and buy a steel bike' date=' you are already outclassed by your steed.  (Think of all the embarrassement you are causing your poor raliegh by associating yourself with such a winning brand).  Can you imagine it in the bike part afterwards:  ML raleigh to your raleigh "gee I had such a great ride ML really gave it gas"  Your raliegh reply" the only gas I got was some second hand farts, from my owner who thinks he is a bike rider".  All trhe bikes laughWinkWinkWink
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Good one KF Spud has a Schwinn should I rathe aspire to something like that?

NOLOLLOL

Did you see your photo on page 10Big%20smile

Saw the photo but thats not me sorry.Confused

NOLOLLOL

you should sell it and buy a steel bike' date=' you are already outclassed by your steed.  (Think of all the embarrassement you are causing your poor raliegh by associating yourself with such a winning brand).  Can you imagine it in the bike part afterwards:  ML raleigh to your raleigh "gee I had such a great ride ML really gave it gas"  Your raliegh reply" the only gas I got was some second hand farts, from my owner who thinks he is a bike rider".  All trhe bikes laughWinkWinkWink
[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Good one KF Spud has a Schwinn should I rathe aspire to something like that?

No, I rather go for the old school aproach, of showing my intentions up front.  I always recommend the bike should refelect the prowess and attitude of the owner.  If you cannot or will not ever get near sub 3 hours, why disappoint yourself buy buying carbon space age technology?  REally the "pro's" only started cycling that fast after the advent of "fake" energy drinks, (which is really EPO and some other stuff my aunt gave me), and carbon (good for one ride only) bicycles.

Rather go for the real thing.  STEEL bikes.  You give a message out that "time is relative" and "when I pass you, you are really useless".  This is far more intimidating thanposing on a machine that cost you the same as a car, (and may even cost you friends and family as well). 

Obviously if you still have the itch to spend, then go retro on a pegorretti, whcih costs MORE than a carbon bike, and you have to wait at least 6 months for delivery.  But then all the real cyclists will know that you have real class, (and time does not matter).  However, if you cannot bling to that extent, consider a Eddy Merckx MX leader, Corsa or Strada.  Colnago, Kona and Tommisinni also still make the occasional steel frames as well.

Remember, it is not about the bike, until some oldtimer passes you on a steel frame.

Each to his own.

If you can afford it, RIDE it.
There is not ONE BMW driver out there can knows how to drive!!!! 

What should upset you is the number of bikes, Raleigh's, Treks, Cannondales, No-name brands, standing in garages with spider webs on them rusting away doing NOTHING.

At least these guys RIDE THEIR BIKES and that is what matters!!!!

Each to his own.

If you can afford it' date=' RIDE it.

What should upset you is the number of bikes, Raleigh's, Treks, Cannondales, No-name brands, standing in garages with spider webs on them rusting away doing NOTHING.

At least these guys RIDE THEIR BIKES and that is what matters!!!!

[/quote']

I don't ride mine anymore so I sold itEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

If i want to ride a 100 K bike because I can afford it, I will.  each to his own

they dont drive bee-ems on the east rand, just 3 litre ford cortinas

also, be careful of dissing bmw drivers - intern will reverse over you

100% Spinnes, I agree and love underperforming on my carbon beauty,

but even if they decided to hang them in the garage as ornaments, that would still be their business and not that of some nasty little piece of work with too much time on his hands.

(referring to the originator of this thread)
DawieO2008-11-17 06:21:46

Each to his own.

What should upset you is the number of bikes' date=' Raleigh's, Treks, Cannondales, No-name brands, standing in garages with spider webs on them

[/quote']

Yes Spidey, I get highly upset at the number of Cannondales standing in your garage with Spider webs painted on !!!!!!!LOL

Ok, so being "metabolically challenged" I have decided, after reading this whole thread, to sell my BMC as well as the Giant TCR Carbon that I am busy building  up, because I am only in K group and clearly not about to turn pro. I would hate to slip and crash these beauties on the slime of puke as I get passed anyway.

I managed to get hold of an old RC6000 with 105 group for my IDT, which I shall now ride on to avoid offence ( not to mention the constant regurgitation of unused brain cells from the offended)

This thread is also why I do not and now never will ride on hub rides or introduce myself to hubbers - because I don't carry a chamois with me to clean up the mess!!!Wink 
racman2008-11-17 10:36:47

On the Bakwena just after the turning point i tucked in behind a guy on a 75 K Colnago Ferrari, he was going so slow that i nearly fell off and had to pass - was green with envy, but had to admire him.

If you can't intimidate the competition in the race at least you can intimidate them on the start line, with a bike like that.

also' date=' be careful of dissing bmw drivers - intern will reverse over you
[/quote']

Why? he a gay bmw driver?