Double Century

dylankeyter

lamb' date=' u guys did well? bru, respect!

where do I get a helicopter from? Club 100 can we have one too?
[/quote']

i do not know...was lekker to see the heli....i felt important for 3 seconds!! smiley36.gif smiley9.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all who rode the race. Now you Capies need to transfer your race savy to all the races outside of WC as well, this should give you guys the motivation that you can mix it with the best in SA.

Wow, was a bit of a tough day out, the extra 5 km and the headwind made it hard going. I felt that it was much better run this year, the supporte vehicles didnt get in the way too much, except for the City Cycling Club Combi and the Sanlam bus

Neotel had many ex capies in their team - nice to see that two of the more mature riders had the decency to attend the prize giving.

It was one of the toughest races I have ever done. The Jock is really tough but this bugger is never-ending. None of us have ever done it, we did it in the mixed teams with 5 men and 5 woman and it didn't go as planned, but we all finished at around 7H30. Long day in the saddle smiley11.gif But great organization smiley32.gif More Vaalies must try it !!!

Surely some news by now?Daiken won with Andersons second.Time' date='where was Neotel etc etc??Weather?? [/quote']

OuchNeotel was 3rd - and they were lucky to get that as they dropped their "development" guys after 50k and the 2 of the 7 remaining were battling - saw Perry giving a helping push on the last few hills!

Rather poor show that only 2 of the team (Maartens, Perry) made it to the podium for prizegiving!

I was mightily impressed by the Daiken Gu "old timers" who looked good for the whole trip.

'Impressive' to see Neotel pros providing a sterling example, motorpacing one of their guys back behind the team car....

Winningtime results will change - my chip was not linked to my name so we were initially given 6:04 but had 6 guys in at 5:57.....should move us to 6 or 7th...

Yeah those neotel guys had a rough day, not so cool with the motorpacing, but i did feel for them at the end, i also saw jeremy getting pushed up some of the rollers after 160km stop, he looked really battered, surprized he even made it to the finish...

TH: Thanks for everything.

Thank you for the opportunity, i thoroughly enjoyed it, pity about the mechanicals, take away all the punctures and mechanicals you guys had and you would have broken into that top 5 i am sure!

Took this picture of you guys pacelining on the way to Suurbraak as we leapfrogged you, it was quite a site! awesome paceline!

20081124_072112_n671085865_1561.jpg

Winningtime results will change - my chip was not linked to my name so we were initially given 6:04 but had 6 guys in at 5:57.....should move us to 6 or 7th...

Well done intern smiley32.gif smiley32.gif You guys did gr8 ! How did the other club teams do ? I know we got a second with the ladies ...

20081127_091826_DSC_0760.JPG

Our team pace line was a bit more relaxed.  I had a really good time with this being my first road race.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...