Argus MTB Discrimination

Kranswurm

If an age limit is set............why not accept it!!!

It could be that the insurers will not give any public liability cover if riders are under a certain age, but there must be a reason for them changing the age limit. Find out why before you start trying to buck the system.

Funny, but some people have to retire at 60 yrs even though their father worked until he was 79! ...... or do you just pedal through every red light you see because you were allowed to on the 94.7 last year!!

People who have no respect for rules make life more difficult for everone else.

I have to agree with Steve.  We had a youngster in our DC team who could ride with any of us and beat us over 200km but he had to stay at home because the PPA would not let him enter the DC - too young.

What's good for the goose...

A person can not be ad nauseam.  The term ad nauseam literally means "to nausea". 

A person can however, do something ad nauseam, as in "he whinged about an Italian groupset ad nauseam".

Hallo
> Jou seun kan maar die 55km ry indien hy dit verlede jaar ook gedoen het -
> dan weet hy seker hoe 'tough' dit kan wees.
> Aangeheg die inskrywings vorm - hy gaan net in 'n ouer kategorie ry.
> Groete
> Arina Botha
> www.mtbchallenge.co.za
> www.dirtopia.co.za
> Tel/Fax: 021-8844752

ClapFor Arina and Meurant

And no Steve,I do not buck the rules and I dont ride through red robots

Hard to tell if there's a hefty dollop of irony in there Velouria.

I just admire your cunning ideas to get around the rules - total respect!Big%20smileWink

Wonder of hy ook nou met die "klein" gear ratio gaan ry soos dit deur SA Cycling geskryf word.

Seker nie, want 'n pa laat hom mos nie voorskryf deur 'n fietsry reel

Restricted gearing...now there's a really excellent piece of cycling officialdom.

No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ot!!!!!

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure and privilege of riding in the vicinity of the junior league riders, they are like squirrels on wheels.  Things are not helped by the fact that they are spinning along at 150rpm, jiggling like Paris Hilton's during a dash to be first to the bar.

can;t see the point in yelling at Arina when the online site is actually a Cycletour product and administered by the Cycletour office.

Me thinks you first have to select the right target before starting a war.

We used to call the U/16's the Jack Russels, a Jackie never knows when to stop or let go.... you never knew what they were going to do next. We would never ever sit in their bunch with the tandem. Sometimes they even followed us to the right hand gutter as we tried to get rid of them "because a tandem pulls you along verrrry fast"!!!!!!!!

What I acctually try to bring home is this?

All races have certain rules, Most of the time (and old enough), you''l stick to it.

But when there is race rules that look after the youngsters, The dads is moving the earth to get his way.

Whats up with these "DAD's" ? Why don't they leave the youngsters to ride withing their age rules and let them have their fun.

It pisses me off, if the dads is getting involved because he thinks the rules needs to change because his son wants to do it dad's way.

I wonder who is going to be blamed if the child is going up that mountain and something went wrong.

If I'm the orginizers, I will get the dad to sign a special indemnity form the day before the race regarding his son.

popeye, the op was just questioning why his son could ride last year and not this year. I would also question it, he has a valid reason to ask! I don't think he falls into the category of results mad parents who push their kids to do everything to break the rules.

As you can see, he enquired over email and was given the reason and an answer to his satisfaction. I believe it was handled correctly

Was gonna rant about how I specifically mentioned that they (race commisaire) allowed my son to ride Sabie experience based on his previous results (i.e. he is capable of such an event) or that I even mentioned that they only allowed it as I would be with him and would ensure that he did nothing stupid (yes I do have his best interests at heart, besides the fact my wife would slaughter me should anything happen to him caused by me!) and that if 'something' happened to him on the mountain I would be with him and take the blame but ja whatever!

BTW he will ride 'official' junior licenced with restricted gears at the Fast One in case anyone ...........................

There are no restricted gears in MTB, just saying .....................