Convert to tubeless

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Hey, I got the mavic crossmax rims. its tubeless rims.

don;t confuse me here.How do I make sure I get the sidewalls sealed?

Do i add 2 "little bakkies" of stans and let it lay down on a bucket (on one side) then the other or

how do i do it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have Crossmax tubeless rims and ust tyres you do not need stans or any othe sealant to seal them.Wash with soapy water,install,hit the air, and pop!

The sealant is for ze punctures.Just pop it in the tyre and voila.Cant understand why you use Stans.Slime rules

Slime is water soluble, so if you do a river crossing with slime all holes it has sealed will open up again.

Try the Bontrager Tr range of tyres? TR stands for Tubeless Ready, or in other words it has a tubless bead with a casing optimised to be run with Bonty juice (or whatever it's called), which is near as damnit to Stan's so you may as well use Stan's.

Krans bobbo' date=' wat verstaan jy nie?

Ek wil NON UST/TUBELES TYRE op 'n TUBELESS RIM sit !!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

Sorry China.Did not read your whole shplurb

Just a word of caution.NON UST tyres are porous and leak like a sieve.

You are going upstream here

Yeah and Mavic freewheel bodies are k*k doesn't seem to stop people using them though.

Dead Dont even go there.Let alone the spokes.40 bucks a pop.

Cost me 400 Rand South African to replace all 10 on the drive side when they cut my de railleur in half at Xmas

Will be going for DT Swiss on my new bike(tubeless of course)

Just a question regarding going tubeles. My WTB rims are very narrow. It looks just a tad wider then my road rims. Can they also be done or is there a limit on hou narrow you can go.

Picked em up for 2k second hand from a buddy so cant complain.And boy is my HT Cannondale light and fast.

Going to turn it into a single speed fun bike.

Mamapara I don't think that is an issue . its more about how the tyre fit onto the rim . I think I have mentioned this before but I have done a Stans convertion on a Avalance Reflex (Sportman Warehouse special) using the rims and tyres it came out with .