Convert to tubeless

Brakkies Sport Fotos

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drumworx, if you don't have liners, you are going to have stacks of punctures.  Alternatively use slime.  Don't know if liners+slime gives better results, but I know a few MTBers use both.

Neither slime or liners are going to help against pinch flats though.  Only enough tyre pressure helps for that.  According to Marius, tubeless helps agianst pinch flats too, that's why he has so many ripped tyres he wants to bliksem people withLOL

Have to stem saam met Minty.

Kenda Nevegals en die prys vir die UST en Non-UST is die selfde.

sorry maruis.

Het jy klein chris al gebel?

Nee, ek't hom email, en hy't terug gekom na my maar met die virkeerde pryse, soooo toe se ek hom om weer te try tot ons die regte pryse kry, hang aan n bal! Sal jo laat weet, ek neem aan jy soek die UST's 2.10?

Nee, ek gaan juice ingooi. Die ust's is te swaar.

WAT WAS MY FLIPPEN ORIGINAL VRAAG NOU WEER ?

Ek wil non UST gaan (ligter) Daai 470gr outjies :-)

Nou is ons quits. Kry net die prys.

Has anyone done a successful home conversion,

The price you pay for a stans/DT Swiss conversion kit is rediculous for what it is.

Wouldn't mind knowing exactly what you used, and how it was done

My LBS did a few. Think they just used insulation tape, obviously several layers, normal tyres and Stan's fluid. Will ask him.

The couple guys that tried it eventually bought the kit though because they were losing air. I imagine if you use a thicker rimstrip that might do the trick though.

I can do a converstion with a 20'' tube cut to fit as a rim strip and some stans, using normal tyres. works better than any kit.

Tubeless Rims can be used with non UST tyres, but you just need to make sure you get the stans to seal the sidewalls initially otherwise you will loose air through the sidewalls. Going this route should save you at least 400-500g.

non Tubeless rims iether use Stans Kit; remove old rim tape, replace with packing/strapping tape to protect the liner from the spoke nipples. Insert Stans conversion (Rubber thingy) or old tube cut to correct size. Install UST or NON UST tyres with Stans sealent. Pump tyre and check seal.

Go ride.................Easy.

I did a conversion on sunday with a hangover ands it still only tool about 60 - 70 mins and the tyres are still inflated.

I am with you on this Dick . Have also done a few (actaully a bloody lot) Stans/Fred or Bruce conversions on all types of rims/tyre combinations and have never (NEVER) had problems doing it sucessfully