Look Bicycle

Alida

Alida maybe you should look at the 2009 Cannondale Synapse or the 2009 Cannondale Six carbon. Both of these bikes are great bikes. The Synapse is very underrated and for next year it is a beautiful bike. Just to confuse you a bit more.

Thanks Scalpel - the pic of Spidey's Dale was enough though LOL  Well, I'm looking at the Look tomorrow (there is no way around the pun is there) and I'll find out about the other Dale frames.  Also having a quick peek at a Cervelo.  And then I'll post pics of what I decided on ... watch this space Big%20smile

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you guys are supposed to be helping me get over the fact that I might not yet be able to own a Dale!!! Not bombarding me with pics of them LOL

@ Mellow - have an MTB.  Not sure if I need another one.  Although I guess I don't technically NEED another road bike either.

If what you want is a Dale, rather save a bit longer, else you will find yourself wanting a new bike again after a year (strange, but this hapens to me every year) They have a lifetime warranty as well, which is nice.

Frame angles & fit have a big influence on your enjoument of a bike, apparently much more than the frame material, and some guys rate The Cannondale Super6 and Look 586 / 595 as some of the best as far as ride quality goes (along with Colnago C50)   

The Looks are nice bikes too. Some of them have the odd problem, (http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39002&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) but as long as they have a good warranty (lifetime would be good) and back it up well, I say very very nice!

Christie I just started off wanting a full carbon bike that was a bit lighter than what I have now and a better fit etc etc.  Then I thought about getting a Dale ... then I saw some Dales (Spidey's included) and wanted one.  And then I couldn't get one in my size.

So now I'm really just back to where I started in terms of wanting a full carbon bike that fits better whilst still being lighter.  It would be nice to have something different which is why I'm looking around again and the Look caught my eye.  So we'll see - I'll see the frame today and then decide.

Turtlek ... I have a Bianchi and its awesome ... I'm just trying to satisfy the perfect number of bikes equation ... N + 1 LOL

http://www.bikyle.com/images/BikesRoad/Look585WhtTeam.jpg

Alida, (loudhailer on) GET A LOOK.

The 566 is supposedly entry level but at $2000 just for the frameset it isn't cheap.  If you can get a deal better than one of the planet-X bikes then go for it, otherwise get the planet-x full carbon frame to satisfy your need for carbon.

Thanks Natrix!! The 586 that you posted is a S#@t HOT Ride!!

Guess they are so hot that they melt...

Saw a cracked one at my LBS...I thought it was a new frame by the look of it...but one month old and 1 crack...

Not bad. Atleast he got 4 weeks worth of riding out of the frame

The 566 is supposedly entry level but at $2000 just for the frameset it isn't cheap.  If you can get a deal better than one of the planet-X bikes then go for it' date=' otherwise get the planet-x full carbon frame to satisfy your need for carbon.[/quote']

Just out of curiousity is it entry-level for Look or entry-level in general if that makes sense?  So an entry-level frame of one brand could be miles behind an entry-level frame of another brand?