Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

2 x ATTEMPTED MUGGINGS ON THE CT CYCLE LANE BETWEEN WOODSTOCK STATION AND N1 BRIDGE IN THE LAST TWO DAYS....ALL WITHIN A KM OF EACHOTHER.

PLEASE SHARE AND MAKE PEOPLE AWARE

https://twitter.com/CTCycleLanes/status/1185164333246025728

https://twitter.com/CTCycleLanes/status/1185185398189953024

So, how long was it since the cops and the city "solved" his little problem once and for all? A whole single month?  :ph34r:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taxis blockading routes around CT today... perhaps the thread title should be Cape Town is a danger area.

Thugs abound.

So, how long was it since the cops and the city "solved" his little problem once and for all? A whole single month?  :ph34r:

To add to my previous post.

Another attempted mugging 2019.10.18 @ 5:10/20pm between n1 underpass and Woodstock station.

2 x men attempted to mug single lady cyclist who pepper sprayed them and hightailed it out of there.

Such bull****. I rather N1

Cops will police it for a bit again... Then in a few weeks back to the same old **** again

Such bull****. I rather N1

Cops will police it for a bit again... Then in a few weeks back to the same old **** again

In the screw driver attack, and the attack on the lone lady cyclist the law enforcement were not on post where they have been the last few months.

Law enforcement knew yesterday already that there was no person on duty at the danger point and following this there have been another two muggings (The lady mugging I know for certain they were not on duty as I took a pic of the area shown as empty)

I fear it is the whole country

This city is so broken. Being kept together with the finest of threads.

Trying  ... but losing faith.

Outpost is still there not to be deserted under times of trouble ...... keep up the fight.

Seen on PPA FB page. Bikejacking this morning cnr Tokai rd and Zwaanswyk Rd.

Any more details?

Bike recovered, one suspect arrested. One suspect escaped towards Westlake.

Bike recovered, one suspect arrested. One suspect escaped towards Westlake.

Hi Mark, please tell us more about what happened.

Hi Mark, please tell us more about what happened.

Two ladies riding towards Tokai, one was dragged off her bike just after the intersection of Tokai & Zwaanswyk roads by two perpetrators.

One hopped on the bike and gapped it leaving his buddy behind.

Another rider followed the stolen bike.

In the meantime Tokaimtb, Premier Security, SANParks and local security started searching for the bike.

The rider that had followed the stolen bike eventually pushed the perpetrator off the bike, leaving him to run off towards Westlake.

Premier Security and SANParks effected an arrest of the remaining perpetrator and the bike was returned to the owner.

One guy still on the loose.

It should be pointed out that numerous attempts were made to call Kistenhof police, they simply did not answer their phone.

Basically riders, security companies and Tokaimtb got together and the whole thing was dealt with in six minutes. No thanks to the police...

Thanks for these details - kudos to the rider who chased and the security and TokaiMTB.

Appalling cowards these criminals. And shame on Kirstenhof police.

Two ladies riding towards Tokai, one was dragged off her bike just after the intersection of Tokai & Zwaanswyk roads by two perpetrators.
One hopped on the bike and gapped it leaving his buddy behind.
Another rider followed the stolen bike.
In the meantime Tokaimtb, Premier Security, SANParks and local security started searching for the bike.
The rider that had followed the stolen bike eventually pushed the perpetrator off the bike, leaving him to run off towards Westlake.
Premier Security and SANParks effected an arrest of the remaining perpetrator and the bike was returned to the owner.
One guy still on the loose.
It should be pointed out that numerous attempts were made to call Kistenhof police, they simply did not answer their phone.
Basically riders, security companies and Tokaimtb got together and the whole thing was dealt with in six minutes. No thanks to the police...