CSA Officials in the limelight again

Chunky

Letters to the Editor

These are the rules if you want to participate

1. This is NOT a forum where defamation or libel will be tolerated.
2. Keep your views to a maximum of 400 words and clearly state your name, address and a contact number where you could be reached. For publication purposes we need to verify the particulars of the sender.
3. Once concidered for publication, we will make sure your e-mail address won't be part of the message you want to get across. We don't want you to be the target of spam "artists".
4. We will, as far as it is humanly possible, try to get your message to the right people regarding any problem you might have.
5. Try to keep it short and simple. It will be a lot easier to get the message across.
6. If you want to participate by sending your view (s), double click
here.

So now the Editor breaks all the rules he set out? Something fishy is going on here.

What's the story behind the story???

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, boy, it all sounds so sad...

Is it just me or does everything around CSA just seem disorganised and confused?  All sounds very unprofessional.

CSA trying to rule the world, now there's a thought to conjure with!

World, sleep safe in your beds.

CSA could not rule a broom cupboard.

Nothing to worry about ' date=' still just CSA trying to rule the world ![/quote']

Moet hulle dan nie hulle hulle naam na CWP (cycling world power of so iets verander nie. Anders moet hulle hulle by hulle job bepaal en net Suid-Afrika probeer rule. Big%20smile

I just find this so called letter to the editor very interesting. Was this letter seriously written by Colin Hoffman?

If it was, then I question why was somebody with such a limited use of English entrusted with the running of the national body's website. Sure the person running the website doesn't have to right all the articles but they must be able to express themselves properly.

The reason I question as to whether Colin Hoffman actually wrote this letter, is that he runs a golfing newsletter and ran the Clubhouse cycling newsletter which used to be published on a weekly basis one or two years ago. Surely somebody who runs, or has run, two newsletters can express themselves better than this, even if English is not their mother tongue?

For example: - To say somebody is a "highly expected person involved with a highly expected company...", please are we expecting a baby sometime? Respected is the word people.

If this is the standard of letter this person writes, I can only feel that Cycling SA would do well to get rid of him and replace him with somebody who has better command of their languages.

To end it all, the letter ends, "Kind regards, Boys,..." Sarcasm, maybe, but then it is said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Just my 2c worth

Why does he say that he had a meeting in their offices and then follow it on two occassions with the phrase "if I am not mistaken" ?

Can't he be sure where he had the meeting ?

As for the grammar, it's so bad that in places I can't understand exactly what he's trying to say.

Ja, en ek het gedog my inglish is not so delicious.

Hierrie ou moet weer matriek in Pofadder gaan doen. Ek weet waarvan ek praat. Ek het die 3 jaar na mekaar gedoen.

There appears to be a much bigger issue than grammar and language here.!

Perhaps it is a hoax, but if it isnt, (and I for one have no reason to suspect it is) it alledges to a fair amount of "in-fighting" going on which can never bode well for the people (read cyclists) this organisation is supposed to be representing.    

Widget I agree fully with you , the bad use of the english language should not be the debating point here , but whether this is for real or not . Sound very like the CSA to me !

its a letter to the editor, if colin hoffman runs the csa sight, why did he write to "technically" himself. if he runs the sight and its a hoax , why did he put it on the sight. wierd.