Teams for the Giro del Capo 2007...

Pieter Henning

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if Dvid George is riding the Giro this year

Heard earlier this week he still has to confirm his participation.  Maybe Chunky can tell us more???

DG was supposed to ride with Harmony but looks liek that may be off.

The sponsor wanted him to commit to a full year with the team and move to JHB. Problem is DG needs to be in Europe and DG is very expensive !!!!!

I see the Giro del Capo has a UCI ranking of 2.2 and the Tour of California that's currently on the go has one of 2.1... Where can one find more information of the different tour rankings or does it change every year? Does this mean that the Giro del Capo is tougher? or is it tougher the lower the ranking?

If the Giro is tougher why don't we have the bigger teams come out here? Must be our crime huh? Or what crime as our president would say...

The first number indicates if it is a tour (2) or a one day race (1). The second number indicates what level it is, 1 being more important than 2.

1.2 or 2.2 ranked events may be entered by club, national, continental and professional teams. Pro Tour not allowed to enter.

1.1 or 2.1 events may be entered by pro tour, pro, continental or national teams. There is a limit on the number of pro tour teams that may enter, I think it is 50%

Then there are the Pro Tour events which obviously invite all Pro Tour teams and up to 4 wild card entries for Professional teams.

Having the Giro as 2.1 would be a nice, but then only Barloworld and Konica would be allowed to ride... not so cool.

Event rankings rarely change unless a lot of money gets pushed in (or taken away).

Looking at the number of overseas pro's in the cape, crime is obviously not an issue.

What we need in SA are more 2.2 ranked events and some 1.2 ranked events held around the same time so that teams could come over and combine the trips!

Now all we need is the $$$........

The first number indicates if it is a tour (2) or a one day race (1). The second number indicates what level it is' date=' 1 being more important than 2.
1.2 or 2.2 ranked events may be entered by club, national, continental and professional teams. Pro Tour not allowed to enter.
1.1 or 2.1 events may be entered by pro tour, pro, continental or national teams. There is a limit on the number of pro tour teams that may enter, I think it is 50%
Then there are the Pro Tour events which obviously invite all Pro Tour teams and up to 4 wild card entries for Professional teams.

Having the Giro as 2.1 would be a nice, but then only Barloworld and Konica would be allowed to ride... not so cool.
Event rankings rarely change unless a lot of money gets pushed in (or taken away).

Looking at the number of overseas pro's in the cape, crime is obviously not an issue.

What we need in SA are more 2.2 ranked events and some 1.2 ranked events held around the same time so that teams could come over and combine the trips!
Now all we need is the $$$........
[/quote']

Hey Dan

Long time no hear...where you at ?

TCS get your riders ready to do Argus in A bunch.

Let's hope not - I'll try my utter best to hang in there (well, hopefully I'll be doing more than just hanging at the back), but ja, I realise the route and the quality of the teams participating is gonna make it excruciatingly tough - I hope what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger Smile See you guys down in the Cape soon.

Can anybody tell me what the prologue's profile is like?

DG was supposed to ride with Harmony but looks liek that may be off.

The sponsor wanted him to commit to a full year with the team and move to JHB. Problem is DG needs to be in Europe and DG is very expensive !!!!!

so where is he now?

What do you mean technical? No, there are no drop offs or single track? It's at night so we might have to ride with lights.

What do you mean technical? No' date=' there are no drop offs or single track? It's at night so we might have to ride with lights.[/quote']

Oh, good. Nah, I meant are there lots of corners? Does it start and finish at the same place, or is it from A to B?

Starts and finishes at the track in Paarl it's an out and back, not to many corners but the ones that we do have should be very fast.