Teams for the Giro del Capo 2007...

Pieter Henning

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David George will be riding for CSC-Marcello according to Die Burger of this morning.

Darrin Lille for Harmony.

This is what I dont understand why would they have the Prol... during the evening starting at 18:00 - 21:00 ...Disapprove  to pull the crowds...

Evening prologue is cool, I want a night time prologue, with no street lights, so we have to use our own lights!

Evening prologue is cool' date=' I want a night time prologue, with no street lights, so we have to use our own lights![/quote']

Stop being such a mountain biker Wink

Okay, but I admit that would be wicked cool Big%20smile

Just out of curiosity what is the team build up for csc?

Other than Jeremy Maaartens amd hannachi who else on that team is strong enough to support DG?

No disrespect to any of them cos they are all outstanding athletes but i just dont see any of them being strong enough to support DG for the win if Chris jnr aint riding.....

any thoughts

i don't think CW jnr can ride giro if he is doing the track meeting friday evening.

Something about uci rules = can't compete at two events overlaping each other (or something like that )

Guest colonel

So CSC paid DG R60 000 to ride for them?? Seems a bit much for a SV.

I heard the amount was closer to R30 000... but who really knows what deals were made...

A few hours to the commencement of the 16th Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Giro del Capo, and all systems seem to be quite ready!

Site visits by the international commissaires were generally very positive, with the Chief Commissaire, Martin Bruin, commenting to the Event Directive: "This is a hard tour, not for a sprinter, but definitely for a climber of rouleur.

Tim Harris, former British National champ, and a member of the famous Festina team, is the race director of the Giro, and has commented that most routes are quite safe and that he believes someone like Ryan Cox could win this race. He did add that he couldn't deliver fair comment since he did not know all the riders: "Anyone who has came out of Langkawi (Tour in Malaysia) should be watched."

Interestingly, the Discovery Channel Marco Polo team has come out of Malaysia, as well as Kachelhoffer and Rheeder (Harmony Schwinn) and Impey (MTN Microsoft).

Due to the cancelation of the Tour of Maloti, Egypt, Algeria and AC Sparta Praha (Czech Republic) had to cancel their impending visit to South Africa. The organisation of the Giro expresed its regret and offered its consolations to the managers and riders on these teams.

Regards,

I reckon, darren lill could be an outsider, saw him training out on the route on Sunday, looking very strong!

Not sure about barloworld though are they here to race or train????

I reckon' date=' darren lill could be an outsider, saw him training out on the route on Sunday, looking very strong!

Not sure about barloworld though are they here to race or train????
[/quote']

From cyclingnews.com..

Barloworld "determined" to win Giro del Capo

Team Barloworld is determined to win the Giro del Capo this year, a stage race in South Africa, home of the team's sponsor. The five-stage race starts Tuesday, March 6.

While Barloworld has had "several prestigious placings" so far this season, it is still waiting for its first big win. "The Giro del Capo is a special event for us and we're determined and convinced we can do well this year," Team manager Claudio Corti said. "The whole team has worked hard in recent weeks and we deserved to get better results than we ever have. I hope things will finally go our way in the Giro del Capo."

The team features South Africans Robert Hunter and Ryan Cox, and sprinter Fabrizio Guidi.

"We want to do well in the Giro del Capo to make up for our disappointing performance last year. We want revenge," Corti said.

Guess you ou's just going to bleed....