About to spend about R70K, advice please!!!

Becks06

What should I spend it on?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What should I spend it on?

• Trek Madone
    • Spesialized
    • Giant
    • Cervelo
    • Other

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

buy a 30k mtb and a 30k roadbike and buy something worth 10k for the missus to keep you out of the k_k.

now that is the smartest answer yet. smiley32.gif

Buy the best helmet you can find. Only then buy yourself a nice bike, one that fits you - it really has very little to do with brandnames.

But that pinarello does sound like very good value for money ...

I currently have a Madone 5.9 that is for sale. Looking at all the options now and want to spend the money wisely.

I'd go for a Madone, Cervelo or Addict. Then kit it with the best Campy and wheels that your budget can afford.

Just bear in mind that in ten years time, your bike will be worth less than a tenth of it's value (measured in today's money). However, if you put the R70k in the market today, you'll probably have enough to buy ten bikes of the same value in a decade's time.

I just spent a lot of bucks on a Cervelo SLC-SL... great ride but after a week it felt like my old cheaper bike...

Best is to buy from a shop like CycleLab where you can test the bike see what you like it first...

Spending serious $$ has an inherent risk associated with it .

Can you imagine how you'll vloek when a dikwiel drops you?

No economic crisis for you my friend!! I like the idea of a 30k mtb a 30k road and 10k for the Mrs :)   

Seriously Im a big fan of enjoying your cash, rather than looking at a swelling bank account. Gees but 70k is a fortune.

My 10c, if you determined to pick up a bike for 70k the Trek is gorgeous. Try get the same colour as Contodor!!

Why don't you just come right out and tell us how much money you have?

Or, if that is just too gauche, just ask a few additional questions like "what is the best bike rack for a McLaren Merc" or, "do they make HR compatible gold Rolexes" or " How do you keep your Bentley's keys from getting sweaty.....(perspired upon, if you're a lady), in my back pocket" or "anyone who knows a reliable electroplater that works with Gold? I don't like the silver colour of my chain."

Agree with most of the hubbers, must be a great feeling having 70K to spend on a bike. But 35K goes to the bragging rights (and 0.5% preformance improvement)! Unless your pro or keep coming second in all your races. There's no need to splash that much cash!

Why spend so much money if you already riding a Madone.

Take Jules advice, invert the money wisely, do as Fan suggests, train harder and you might start kicking some ass.

Getting a new bike will only make you feel faster for the first few rides, then reality will hit you - its still the same o'll me pushing the pedals.

Why don't you just come right out and tell us how much money you have?

Or' date=' if that is just too gauche, just ask a few additional questions like "what is the best bike rack for a McLaren Merc" or, "do they make HR compatible gold Rolexes" or " How do you keep your Bentley's keys from getting sweaty.....(perspired upon, if you're a lady), in my back pocket" or "anyone who knows a reliable electroplater that works with Gold? I don't like the silver colour of my chain."

[/quote']

Assumptions are the mother of all ..........!!! Sorry guys I have two bikes that I'm selling and the upgrade will only put me R20k out of pocket so hold your horses. Really looking for some advice and not your opinion on my finances, cheers.

unless you're a top pro you wont even feel the performance gain between a 70k bike and a 30-40k bike. But hey if you've got the cash to blow why not get yourself a BH G4