Carnival classic result

Crono

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you and your borther from Lonehill ? Train on the Engen2Engen route sometimes ?

Sterkte in elke geval en hoop dat jou broer gou gesond word.

thanks' date=' I supose I am just very angry, and frustrated as to what has happened to my brother. we train for one race every year 'the Argus' , this was to be our last competive year in tandems, as my brother was going to give up and spend more time with his wife and children. [/quote']

One can only start to imagine your anger and frustration. Now you need to support, care and focus on him pulling through. My hopes are that your brother makes a full recovery and gets to spend the deserved time with his wife and children.  

What happened to Sean and Jo as well as the two Barselaar brothers is a very dangerous incidence that is prevalent with Tandem prangs. it also happened to us. Due to the lenght of the tandem and the ensuing fulcrum when the bike decelerates in a prang the stoker is almost always catapulted into an arc above the bike only to land on his head. It happened to M in our prang during the Bakwena in 2005 and in both these prangs over the weekend. M's helmet also broke in several places. She had no ther injuries. It is very disturbing to think about it happening again!!!!!!!

Sterkte vir almal wat seergekry het. Ons gebede (selfs hier in Nigerie) is by julle)

Terrible reading these posts - we sometimes forget our responsibility towards the safety of others in the bunches we ride in. We are after all birds of a same feather with motor vehicles our common threat. Hope all the injured make a full recovery!

thanks' date=' I supose I am just very angry, and frustrated as to what has happened to my brother. we train for one race every year 'the Argus' , this was to be our last competive year in tandems, as my brother was going to give up and spend more time with his wife and children.

now, we wait to find out if he will be able to pull through.

we all know the risks of cyling, and we all compete anyway.

I am not out to blame anyone, accidents do happen.

it just seams such a waist to see my brother in the condition he is, and nothing can be done to prevent this type of thing happening again.

I know that other tandems came down after us. I hope every one is ok.

and those that are hurt, that you have a speedy recovery, and that you are back on the bicycle in no time.

we may not be seeing you guys in the future, so for all of you goodluck and all the best.

[/quote']

Sorry to hear about your fall.

Please pass on our well wishes to your brother from the Bulk Pack Meats Vets Cycling Team.

First off just want to wish Greg and Andy all the best and hope the injuries are not permanent.

I used to do alot of tandem racing both male and mixed about four years ago and at that point the bunch was smaller but also filled with more experienced cyclists, a couple of ex-pro's and some vets racers.

In that time there were not too many crashes however the bunches were smaller and the racing was pretty aggresive in the start so but the 20 - 30 km mark only the top 15 or 20 tandems were left, often only 10 or so.

This incident really angers me as I decided to race the hyper in the tandem section again this year and was involved in a crash, fortunately nothing serious at all, that occurred in a similar manner to this weekends one.

After me and my partner doing about 70% of the work in the chase bunch (3 tandems had got away up the road) we were approaching the turn about the 45 - 50km mark, so we eased up a little and suddenly all the other useless tandems that had been sucking wheel all dayAngry came flying past and the same thing happened to use, the Harmony mixed tandem came past us and cut in front of use taking out our front wheel, luckily we managed to not only keep our line and therefore not bring anyone else down but also kept our bike up right however our front wheel was shreeded, 10 spokes bust, the useless tandem that had caused this simply road off into the distance and enjoyed the rest of their race.

So I mentioned the other tandems name since these people escape with no sense of guilt, and by the sounds of the description Sean gave it could be them again since their kit is black and RED.Angry

Anyway something needs to be done about this, not sure what though, but I feel if the other riders out there are aware of who these s#@t causers are perhaps they can keep them in the back of the bunch away from everyone else.Clap

Hope your brother and all other injured persons make a rapid and full recovery. There were a few irresponsible riders in the tandem bunch on Sunday and I'm personally suprised that there weren't more incidents.

Accidents are never nice especially when through no fault of your own, you end up on the receiving end.

I hope your brother makes a complete revovery.

I know you guys are going to say that I'm a softc@ck for not doing the longer ride, but I did achieve a 3rd place in the 60 km ride (1:43:07, 37.82 km/h ave).