Incentives To Stop

So for all you smokers out there let me share some stats with you and maybe this could be the thing to convince you to kick the habit.

On the 2nd Feb 2009 I put down my cigs, so it is almost 2 months now since I last had one. Now make no mistake this is probably the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life, but on analysing a few things today it is probably also the best thing I have done in my life.

Check it out

Before

Resting HR - 52

Normal HR - 88

Money on cigs PM- R775

Money on beer PM - R1536

Energy Levels - Non Existent

Cycling experience - Good legs no Lungs

After Ride - Sleep

After

Resting HR - 38

Normal HR - 68

Money on Cigs PM - R0

Money on beer PM - R512

Energy Levels - I feel like I am permanently on Red Bull

Cycling Experience - Good Lungs no legs

After Ride - Wonder around wondering why I didn't ride for longer

TOTAL SAVING R1799 Per Month!!!

I am under no illusions that I am over the habit as it has only been barely 2 months, but upon reflection of a few things other than those posted above - such as my quality of life each day I find new excuses not to pick up a cigarette.

One thing that is noticable is that the Booze bill came down which is great as I have now found that I drink a heck of a lot less without the cigs which is also a welcome surprise to the bank account.

Dude, you should try some of that gum that im selling for an extra boost smiley2.gif

Well done!

Amazing.  I salute you!

I worked out that during my dad's life, he spent about R250 000.00 on siggies.....

Never in my life!!!!

Good for you, I stopped smoking in Oktober 1991 and never touched a cig again.( I use to smoke 30 plus a day). So hang in there it gets easier.

Thank you so much for this post.

I have been trying to hunt down data of this extent but with no luck for almost a week.

Still on the frigging "sticks", but have booked my sessions with Allen Carr's in April. So hold thumbs.

BTW the Allen Carr's is only R295 if you are a Vitality member, instead of R1525.

I hope this will be the LAST time I go through this exercise (quit twice before).

Once again thanks a mil for the info ... now I have even more motivation.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SPEND LESS ON BEER?? The first thing I did when I quit smoking was start drinking the expensive stuff!

I think drinking and smoking complement each other, since I stopped I just don't miss having a beer all that much anymore.

VTSKING - This is now my 7th time in trying to quit but eventually worked out a method which seems to have worked. I will gladly share with you if you are interested - but the biggest thing is the stage where you are at now where you "want to quit". That is the best start you can get off to.

I highly recomend allen carr's book " the easy way to stop smoking". It works on the psychology behind why we smoke and he somehow manages to reset your mind to that of a non smoker.

Give it a try. Much easier than the willpower method.