Licensed Entries ONLY for 94.7

Gumpole

The way i understand the letter in the original post for someone who does not want an elite license is as follows:

Buy R75 Cyclosport license AND join club to get affiliation or affiliate directly to CGC for R150. Do i have this right?CAADman2007-03-07 01:03:20

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cervelo temp lic R30 limited to 2 per year. Although i am not sure how they will enforce this.

First of all Mr Mottalini needs to address us in a respectable fashion and engage in a discussion about how things go forward.

Making rules and regulations is fine and well IN CONSULTATION - as ChrisH says "who died and made them boss".

I rode licensed vets for 6 or 7 years, this year I didnt license for my own reasons (basically I am tired of racing) my wife who rides for fun when she feels like it, (but more than 2 events a year) has no interest in belonging to a club an affilliation or any other crap they want to invent to suit themselves and raise money which will no doubt get ploughed into something which dos not affect me, so, now what..................must she stop riding?? - there are thousands of others just like her, believe me - must they stop riding?? - not everybody is interested in racing and a finish time, some folk just want to get out in the sun and enjoy the day, (and lets face it they are the MAJORITY), why must they be inconvenienced for the Minority?? - so there it is - I belong to a club but I have no further interest in licensing, my wife is never going to bother either.!!

Maybe when the 94.7 has 2000 licensed entries, they will re-think the situation and CONSULT with us.

Sheesh - and I thought dealing with government and muncipalities was a soul destroying task.

Why don't they use it the same way the runners do? You belong to a club, and get a licence, or you don't and buy a temp licence at every race! Simple solution to a simple problem. And then you identify who are elites, and who are not!

Why don't they use it the same way the runners do? You belong to a club' date=' and get a licence, or you don't and buy a temp licence at every race! Simple solution to a simple problem. And then you identify who are elites, and who are not![/quote']

Quite correct cervelo, but no, everyone in cycling wants to re-invent the wheel.!Angry

ya, and now this by Scotty, . "Cervelo temp lic R30 limited to 2 per year. Although i am not sure how they will enforce this."

why limit it?? Seems to me its not reinventing the wheel, its to flippen squeeze more money out of us. So to ride 94.7 the end of the year, it say R100 lic, + R280 entry fee = R380 to ride 94.7? Yaiiiii, 25% of IM entry fee, I'll rather save it!

Just spoke to CGC who confirmed that in order to get a license we have to join a club. They are not recommending affiliating directly to CGC so it would seem that they are trying to achieve the same system as the running clubs. Not a bad idea as the running club system definately works. One big difference is running club fees including license are WAY lower than the cycling clubs. ie between R150 and R300 per annum including license.CAADman2007-03-07 01:56:15

It seems to me that this ruling pertains to RACES as opposed to FUNRIDES.

Having never ridden any upcountry races/funrides I don't know what the deal is but from the postings it would seem as if all of the upcountry rides are considered RACES.

In the W. Cape only people wanting & eligible to ride the league events are required to get a license.

Seems a bit odd that the W. Cape can combine Funrides & Races but CGC can't.

Just spoke to CGC who confirmed that in order to get a license we have to join a club. They are not recommending affiliating directly to CGC so it would seem that they are trying to achieve the same system as the running clubs. Not a bad idea as the running club system definately works. One big difference is running club fees including license are WAY lower than the cycling clubs. ie between R150 and R300 per annum including license.

Well on point A they can expect a drop out as not everybody is interested in joining a club.

On Point B - yes agreed, however you can get as many temp licences as you like, the fees are around R80.00 / R100.00 per annum and race entry is much cheaper and usually includes a lot more.

Take the following - CLUB FEES - R150.00

LICENSE - R75.00

94.7 RACE ENTRY - R200.00

ARGUS -  R200.00

total - R625.00

Family of two or three riding - R1875.00 - fairly pricy past time.!!

............but even if the money is not the issue and we are prepared to pay the cost, the hassle factor is just not worth it for mom and pop who just want to be part of something big and enjoy the day.

Guest Big H

This was the third posting on this thread..... read again please. the iengliesh get a translator or somebody who can read the Taal. that should not be difficult as the majority of people can speak it!!!!!

Posted by Big H previously:-

Mamba, hierdie gaan 'n warrem post word. Fietsryers spandeer maklik maklik R35k op hulle Super Duper Double Whammy Carbon frame met 'n Spaghetti Bolognaise of Sushi groupset...... maar hulle vrek voordat hulle baie sal betaal vir 'n duurder resies of vir klubgelde en lisensiegelde!!!!!! Ultra Deep Profile Taiwanese Specials is hoer op die voorkeur as om vir die Administrasie in fietsry te betaal. Ek hoor al die stemme WAT KRY ONS VIR DIE GELD !!!!!en DIE KLUBS IS USELESS!!!!!! Kom ons kyk maar of my voorspelling waar is. Fietsryers is eintlik maar vlak en baie voorspelbaar. Dit is hoekom dit so maklik is om hulle moer om te krap!!!!!!

Club fee's R150. Which club. I want to join a club it is gonna cost me over R1000 right now, with once off kit and all this stuff.

Welcome to the world of the Triathlete who needs to enter all the different events just to train. So it's,

Running club subs and ASA license fee.

Cycling club subs and CSA licence fees.

Triathlon club subs and TSA fees.

This lifestyle of being fit and healthy is getting expensive. I had a lot more money when I sat on the couch, ate supersized MacDonalds for lunch and supper and smoked 40 a day.Cry 

Guest Big H

Chris..... it is/was your own choice.... now go and polish your carbon framed R35K Cervelo TT bike while wearing your R3500 HR monitor/GPS/Speedometer dressed your expensive Orca wetsuit. This added expense WILL not make you poorer. Stop moaning all you whiners. pay the man and enter all the races to your hearts content. Paying R1000-00 to join a club demonstrates your midset. The elitist Club 100 and other might cost that much.

Club fee's R150. Which club. I want to join a club it is gonna cost me over R1000 right now' date=' with once off kit and all this stuff.[/quote']

Hmm, you are right, I was just looking at an AVERAGE club annual fee, of course I also know of clubs who charge twice that for the fees.

Club kit is almost a mandatory requirement, you are right, so add another R500.00 minimum per member.

Starts to add up eh, just to get a license you dont want.

ok any clubs on the eastrand or anyone here from the eastrand, not the far east either bedfordview area, that i can join, if that's what it's coming down to i still want/need to ride.

AR club here i come (my return... didn't renew last year due to other issues and have missed being a member) cos then cycling, running, and even paddling if i want are all under one club :-) and they have lekker cycling tops!