Licensed Entries ONLY for 94.7

Gumpole

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to call Gail Heuwel on the number shown on the 94.7 entry form. Was told to call Glen Lottering, who has said that every cyclists who enters a race (race/funride) MUST have a license.

So much for 94.7 hoping to over-take the Argus as the biggest individually timed cycle race. Seems their biggest (participant) race will be a thing of the past.

Glen Lottering Shocked 

Does that mean i will have to be licensed to do the Benoni World Champs Question

haha only if you really wanna take part . But like somebody already mentioned , let's see what they do when entries stays at 560 . (I hope the 560 all got their licenses !)

Glen Lottering Shocked 

Does that mean i will have to be licensed to do the Benoni World Champs Question

you mail box is full

Glen Lottering Shocked 

you mail box is full

Guest Big H

Een bult op 'n slag.... trek Pretoria toe en join SPEKE.... soos julle kla op hierrie thread dink ek dit SAL goedkoper wees vir jou as jy wil aanhou fietsry.

I don't understand why people cry about  paying for a cycling licsence. Just take the cost of licsencing and joining a club and buying kit, then divide that by 12 and compare that to the monthly insurance you are paying on your 20 to 35 grand bike. staffy2007-03-07 05:50:57

take the cost of licsencing and joining a club and buying kit' date=' then divide that by 12 and compare that to the monthly insurance you are paying on your 20 to 35 grand bike. [/quote']

you are assuming that everyone rides expensive bikes...

I don't understand why people cry about  paying for a cycling licsence. Just take the cost of licsencing and joining a club and buying kit' date=' then divide that by 12 and compare that to the monthly insurance you are paying on your 20 to 35 grand bike. [/quote']

Perhaps but buying a R2k bike or a R35k bike is a personal choice made with a tangible return. What is the tangible return for licensing? Road safety in races? Decent coverage in respect of accident cover? And by that I don't refer to the pathetic cover in place at the moment.

It is not about the cost of a license . I p@@ss that out against a tree every weekend . I need to know what I am paying for . It's like telling me to give the hobbo at the street corner R20 every time I see him because he is asking for it ! Show me a safe cycle lane , safer races and you may get my attention .

Agreed and Halleluja dirt-rider!! You are a consumer and well done!! Now if there were 35000 consumers at the 94.7??? Imagine....

This bull en unlucky vir die race organisers - hulle gaan baie geld verloor...ek stem saam, wys ons wat gaan met die geld gebeur, en borde langs die pad gaan verseker nie die oplossing wees nie.

Haha this is so funny !!! So everybody gonna license for the 94.7 . Shame somebody gotta catch a wake-up . I for one are not that desperate to do the race and I thinks most of the fun riders would feel the same .

Quite correct DR - WHAT some of the guys here dont seem to understand is that there are thousands of moms and pops out there who are not interested in joining a club, they dont care about the CSA, they are not interested in changing something which in reality has never interested or affected them, they dont want a license dont know what its for and couldnt care if they are timed or not.

All they want to do is ride with their mates on a sunday and be part of something big a few times a year.

Why must they license.???????