Licensed Entries ONLY for 94.7

Gumpole

I reckon no amount of maoaning is going to change anything and i am certainly not going to stop cycling so i am just going to go with the flow.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

Join Speke Fietsryklub (kit not mandatory) New members R60-00 plus R20-00 joining fee or R160-00 for full CSA licence. Cyclosport licence R75-00. Where on earth do you guys pay so much to join a club..... you are being RIPPED off. Join Speke and you will have enough money to even buy a new tin of energy drink. http://www.speke.co.za/default.php?ipkCat=51&sid=51

Big H Speke Fietsryklub is in pta 'n bietjie ver vir my.

Some clubs have reduced fees for country members. Their fees are so low already maybe they will pay you to join.

join a club , if you don't like the way its run , get onto the committee and do something about it. remember the clubs vote for provincial chairpeople, provinces vote for the people who run the CSA. individual cyclists don't get asked anything , there is a defined channel i.e. individual - club - province - national body - uci.  the ppa is another story completely. they think they are a national body but are only established in the Cape but own a bit of the biggest money making event in the RSA - the Argus.

the ppa is another story completely. they think they are a national body but are only established in the Cape but own a bit of the biggest money making event in the RSA - the Argus.

And apparently contribute the most money to the running costs of the CSA. Significantly more than the other associations/organisations as stated by David Bellairs at the last AGM

Where does all the money from the second biggest event go?

The CSA (national body) have 4 staff running their offices in Cape Town, the rest of the office bearers are volenteers. how many staff run the ppa offices? (which is essentially a provincial body) (wot do they do all day????) (they don't even administer the leagues anymore that has been outsourced to Falcons. to save costs they should cut staff and run one office. but that wont happen, the PPA will lose out and i see them pulling the plug on the CSA come the end of this year. then watch the Goverment step in and force the issue

Edenvale peddlars or Germiston Wheelers ' date=' right next to Bedforview. [/quote']

have emailed germiston, the only reason i haven't joined a club yet is they do morning weekday rides and there is NO way i could make them(not sure if they compulsary either), i train weekdays after work, weekends long rides either sat or sun, but majority of them on sundays.

Germiston does have weekdays rides, but i dont do them. They do a early Sat ride, normally out to Suikerbossie and a Sunday one at 7am starting from Germiston Lake and going out various routes, North Isando/Edenvale, East Brakpan/Springs or South around Lido route.

Great bunch and they cater for all levels.

Germiston does have weekdays rides' date=' but i dont do them. They do a early Sat ride, normally out to Suikerbossie and a Sunday one at 7am starting from Germiston Lake and going out various routes, North Isando/Edenvale, East Brakpan/Springs or South around Lido route.

[/quote']

Thanx have spoken to them, all seems great i think i'll join.

I don't get it... at the bottom of the notice it says' date=' "So enter Joburg?s Safest Race NOW!"

Where's the link/button to enter????

20070307_000415_94-7.gif
[/quote']

It seems that they have fixed the link to be able to enter...

Germiston does have weekdays rides' date=' but i dont do them. They do a early Sat ride, normally out to Suikerbossie and a Sunday one at 7am starting from Germiston Lake and going out various routes, North Isando/Edenvale, East Brakpan/Springs or South around Lido route.

[/quote']

Thanx have spoken to them, all seems great i think i'll join.

Haha this is so funny !!! So everybody gonna license for the 94.7 . Shame somebody gotta catch a wake-up . I for one are not that desperate to do the race and I thinks most of the fun riders would feel the same .

Haha this is so funny !!! So everybody gonna license for the 94.7 . Shame somebody gotta catch a wake-up . I for one are not that desperate to do the race and I thinks most of the fun riders would feel the same .

Yip, wait until a month or two before the race and see if they still require it. If they do, I'm not doing it.