Double Century

Newboy

i propose van Rhynsdorp to Calvinia and back

Would that include Van Rhynspass??? Ai, shame - you guys are going to suffer soooo bad!!!Wink
nellie2007-03-15 08:15:56

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - make it tougher - Ceres was nice and tough. How about the old old Ceres route, where Swaarmoed Pass is the last climb of the day, not the first??

How about the old old Ceres route' date=' where Swaarmoed Pass is the last climb of the day, not the first?? [/quote']

Doesn't this just bring a tear to your eye?

(This was the "easy" version of 2003/4, with Swaarmoed first.)

20070315_143345_dc2003_small.jpg

The official PPA profile... just a little misleading. Make that a lot.

This mofo had the never-ending Theronsberg both ways, and then Swaarmoed to crush whatever spirit you thought you had left.

20070315_144356_DoubleCenturyPr.jpg

Here are a couple of profile comparisons from my pre-Garmin days. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I plotted these in Excel from a 1:50 000 topo map.20070315_144639_dc_profiles_com.JPG

Lets make the dc a circut race, i think that would be cool.

x number of laps of a challenging but spectator friendly course. Easy to marshall and grate to watch

I vote Hellshoogte circut goes past klein joostendberg. It's about 65km long, we can lap it like 3 times, great course, nice climb and easy to control.

I hope somebody with power is readiny my post and can make this happen

Lets make the dc a circut race' date=' i think that would be cool.

x number of laps of a challenging but spectator friendly course. Easy to marshall and grate to watch

I vote Hellshoogte circut goes past klein joostendberg. It's about 65km long, we can lap it like 3 times, great course, nice climb and easy to control.

I hope somebody with power is readiny my post and can make this happen
[/quote']

Too dangerous for the fast teams passing the slow teams. I can remember the year i was in the winning team that its was not so nice to pass 14 other teams in the first 10 k's and to dodge em on swaarmoed when they or their support vehicles climbed/rode up in the lane we where coming down at 80k/h. Some of the other teams starting far back had even a bigger misson.

Laps of say 40k's will increase that problem multiple times and must say as a rider the single loop is way more appealing then the multiple laps.

just my 5 cents  

Ceres was tough and could sort the men from the boys, the Montague route is nice and gets more entries for PPA,  but Ceres gets my vote.

No lap route and we want Swaarmoed back' date=' is it not possible to do it twice perhaps?[/quote']

Geeez, i want swaarmoed back too but not that much Wink LOL

They can call it the Ceres 4 Passes double century, Swaarmoed, Theronsberg, Gydo pass and Michells pass you can cover all 4 passes doing 115 kilometer, that would be a nice ride.

They can call it the Ceres 4 Passes double century' date=' Swaarmoed, Theronsberg, Gydo pass and Michells pass you can cover all 4 passes doing 115 kilometer, that would be a nice ride.[/quote']

We can do it twice if it's just 115km for the DC and ones if it's a Normal PPA RaceTongue 
Marius2007-03-16 02:41:21

How about a route that will test the mind strength......go from Beaufort Wes to Laingsburg......I just think it will be very hot though!Confused

They can call it the Ceres 4 Passes double century' date=' Swaarmoed, Theronsberg, Gydo pass and Michells pass you can cover all 4 passes doing 115 kilometer, that would be a nice ride.[/quote']

I like that idea, very beautifull scenery, very challenging - it's gonna be serious toughness that route Dead but i like it Big%20smile

There goes the sub 6 hour barrier for the DC thats for sure Wink