Let's see those Morewoods...

Iwan Kemp

Darn it!

Mine is currently just a plasti-dip temporary coat over the original. But it's looking tired so I'm thinking of getting it done permanently.

I'll probably go the Morewood powdercoat route (it includes prep work, alignment, bearings etc), but because I designed and cut my own vinyl, it will have to come back to me for that. Then for clear coat I'll have to go for a 2k automotive, because the vinyl won't withstand the temperatures for cleat powder coating.

do you perhaps know the torq settings for a zula frame? I asked morewood themselves but am still waiting reply...

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you perhaps know the torq settings for a zula frame? I asked morewood themselves but am still waiting reply...

Nope, sorry!

Only my Zuliza uses similar hardware to a Zula, and it has no markings on.

plus I'm kinda a 'hand tighten' guy myself :blush:  :lol:

(I really should get a torque wrench though)

you might be waiting a while!

Try calling a bike shop like Williams Bike Shop in CT / Somersetwest and ask him......he has build so many Morewoods it is not funny, and he is a very very good wrench

Otherswise ping Droo from Stoke Suspension.

He is rebuilding a Shova main pivots today...

Those really dodgy, funny looking, funny smelling, beer guzzling, crossed eyed guys from Stoke would also be a good call  :ph34r:

Hey people, about to send my Zula frame into Morewood for a recoat. Thinking of natural brushed finish, any thoughts :)

Also, added Morewood no.3 to the stable, might rhyme with marula... Will post when she arrives ;)

Hey people, about to send my Zula frame into Morewood for a recoat. Thinking of natural brushed finish, any thoughts :)

Also, added Morewood no.3 to the stable, might rhyme with marula... Will post when she arrives ;)

MW did a polished Makulu custom for Nathan Rennie for Aus World champs a couple years back....looked TIT! Only issue is the polished frame never stays sparkly and also shows up every imperfection.

The natural brushed finish would look pretty sweet!

MW did a polished Makulu custom for Nathan Rennie for Aus World champs a couple years back....looked TIT! Only issue is the polished frame never stays sparkly and also shows up every imperfection.

The natural brushed finish would look pretty sweet!

Ok, so after long chats with Fabien, he has advised me against the raw metal finish as the frame has been painted before and they won't necessarily get all the old paint off, especially in the welds... Thinking of going with the newer white colour scheme, white just seems timeless to me...

Ok, so after long chats with Fabien, he has advised me against the raw metal finish as the frame has been painted before and they won't necessarily get all the old paint off, especially in the welds... Thinking of going with the newer white colour scheme, white just seems timeless to me...

Had a Spez Enduro stripped for a client here in Cape Town, chemical peel so to speak. 400Zar yielded a completely raw frame including all within the welds.... Maybe powder coating removal is a bit more tricky!

I have a white Shova and love it....goes well with the white Lyrik! Get it powder coated if you go white, the finish is tough as nails!

Sadly, I broke my Shova this past weekend....so repair or new swing arm is in the mix, and maybe a new colour scheme!!!!

The beast has arrived! Anybody got some balls for me so I can ride her properly? ;)

That bad boy looks mean as!!!! Bring it down to Slaap Stad, we have some lumpy gradient ground you may want to throw it down!!!

Had a Spez Enduro stripped for a client here in Cape Town, chemical peel so to speak. 400Zar yielded a completely raw frame including all within the welds.... Maybe powder coating removal is a bit more tricky!

I have a white Shova and love it....goes well with the white Lyrik! Get it powder coated if you go white, the finish is tough as nails!

Sadly, I broke my Shova this past weekend....so repair or new swing arm is in the mix, and maybe a new colour scheme!!!!

Say what.....How do you break a Shova!

I have a white Shova and love it....goes well with the white Lyrik!

Please tell me you didn't just type that...

Ugggggghhhhh