New 94.7 sponsors

sias

Gasping

Go ride the race. Ignore those who really only see the glass half full.

You will have an absolute ball. You will see Joburg from a different angle. The support is great.

Search for the threads from after last years race and you will see the fantastic time that so many had.

Find a friend to ride it with, will enrich the experience even more.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I need help here.

?

I have not entered any races/rides yet (still new and trying to get km on the legs). Is this worth it? Am I reading too much into the moans & groans?

?

What are the suggestions? (I mean? the ones that can be posted here' date=' not where I should park my bike?)
[/quote']

Gasping

I will give you my take on it.

I race because I need to improve my seeding.

I want to improve my seeding to get into a better group when I race. By doing that I know I will have a harder ride, and that could/would improve my seeding even further.

I only hold a cyclosport licence, so I can only race open cat.

Some guys hold racing licences and they get the benefit of faster/stronger groups in every race.

?

I set out this year with two goals - Argus & 94.7 , and target times for myself in both these races. I then planned the year's races according to this and my training programme. In summary then I need to race enough of the "right" races to improve my seeding to be able to put myself in as best possible position to reach my goals.

?

So , to answer yr question - decide what you want to achieve and plan according to that.

Reality is, there are some brilliant races out there - value for money wise, route wise, etc, and then there are some really crappy ones.

Talk to guys before you decide what to ride, and you will get a good idea of what to expect. Just remember that two individuals can have two totally different experiences from the same race.

?

?

Agreed. 90% of us ride and train to RACE so moaning about the price is somewhat irrelevant. If you want to race you have to pay.If you ride only for fun race entry fee irrelevant. Simple

Agreed. 90% of us ride and train to RACE so moaning about the price is somewhat irrelevant. If you want to race you have to pay.If you ride only for fun race entry fee irrelevant. Simple

Very true.

Come ride with Velo.  EVERY Saturday there is a race.  No entry fee.  Great coffee after the race.  Wink

Just a Note:

Last year I was ready for a 2:30 ride (with luck on my side) picked up and injury from a MTB race two weeks before, so road with the wife in ZZ batch or something like, it was her first ride over 75km and I helped her thru it etc.

Point is what a great experience, fun, great support alone the way, priceless.

we all love to ride, so enjoy it guys! sometimes take a step back from the racing and see the fun at the back!

Just a Note:

Last year I was ready for a 2:30 ride (with luck on my side) picked up and injury from a MTB race two weeks before' date=' so road with the wife in ZZ batch or something like, it was her first ride over 75km and I helped her thru it etc.

Point is what a great experience, fun, great support alone the way, priceless.

we all love to ride, so enjoy it guys! sometimes take a step back from the racing and see the fun at the back!
[/quote']

I'm always at the back Confused

Yeah, I am thinking of doing the route twice this year

I will race my race and then rush to the start again to ride with my GF.  It will be her first race, and i will probably be doing all the pulling up the hills.

Yeah' date=' I am thinking of doing the route twice this year

I will race my race and then rush to the start again to ride with my GF.  It will be her first race, and i will probably be doing all the pulling up the hills.

[/quote']

i found that making her eat and drink right was that helped the most, the wife did well on the hills, if you don't have a compact crank those hills at the slow pace are very interesting!! enjoy

just did my entry 265 SA rondts flip hope that goody bag is huge

And I can tell you what it will contain:

1 x sinutab thingy

1 x cookin sauce - these are always good for adding weight

1 x cycling magazine that you already bought last month

1 x womans magazine full of beauty tips that your wife already bought last month (and you read it!!)

total weight: 45.7 KG

total value: Zim$ 1.5

i wondering how many of the entrants are going to carry there bags if it weights 45.7kgsConfused

Guest Michelle
I gave a "home recording" of last year's broadcast to someone who worked at Momentum in Centurion.

At the time he was interested in showing Momemtum the potential of being a sponsor based on the amount of exposure supersport gave to the sweep vehicle coming past the last water point.

Can't remember the guy's name' date=' but I wonder if that DVD had anything to do with it??
[/quote']

I think it was Jurie Eksteen... he's not at Momentum anymore Wink

Guys I need help here.

I have not entered any races/rides yet (still new and trying to get km on the legs). Is this worth it? Am I reading too much into the moans & groans?

What are the suggestions? (I mean  the ones that can be posted here' date=' not where I should park my bike?)
[/quote']

go race it you will love the route all the highway racing the tour through Jhb cbd Big%20smile

Please tell us what did you make her eat and drink.  Maybe it will help me on the hills

Mary-Anns pitted dates, i eat them when i ride, works for me, worked for her on the day, she rode with 2l camelbak and and two bottles of carb drink, we didn't stop at one of the water points