Shimano Electric Shifters

splat

Interesting, Campag are definitely doing better than Mavic did, but I have not heard much more since the initial press splurge.

Dont see the point!!!!

doing away with 2 gear cables but still having to tie up all the electric wiring with those nasty straps that cratch your frame , atleast gear cables are stiff and follow the contour of your frame , looks neater than the floppy electic ones.

garanteed to cost twice the price when launched...Ten years down the road and they still cant perfect a cell phone battery . how long will this battery last before its charge life gets shorter and shorter!!  smileys/smiley5.gif

I heard of it the first time in Willie Engelbrecht's time, apparently he tried it and said its "not so good"! I have my doubts on using something like that! Are they trying to make cycling now automated as wellsmileys/smiley5.gif. I think it will be crap!smileys/smiley7.gif

Looks ugly! Esp the shifter with the LCD and the front der.

The big Q for me is: Will electric shifters make me go faster?

Christie "The big Q for me is: Will electric shifters make me go faster "

Only if you cycle like a Duracell bunnysmileys/smiley2.gif

In theory an electrical gear system sounds appealing, but think about it - why? would you want an electric system? Only one reason comes to mind IF they could do away with all the cables and wires then bike would look much "cleaner".

The present systems today work pretty well. I don't think an electrical system can be built to match whats on the market today - taking cost, weight and ease of use into account - Unfortunately Moores Law does not seem to apply to cycling and we probably will have to wait a few more years befoe it is really viable.

smileys/smiley4.gif

I don't like it--it takes the fun out of cycling, it's been working well so far. No Thanks.....I like using my fingerssmileys/smiley36.gif 

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"

It's been said before, what's the point. At least for the foreseeable

future it will be unreliable and heavier than the existing mechanical

systems. If it doesn't make life easier for me then it's not worth

having. Look at how long it has taken to get electronic accelerator

pedals in cars and that will give you some idea of when this will be

available to the mass market.

• 11 years later...

My guess,  Disk brakes will be same, a lot op cyclist against it now. A few years from now...

Who remember what a 26ers is? lmao

12 years later and its common technology now

have you been waiting 12 years to tell us all " i told you so" or is it just a very slow day at work ? lol  

time to update your user name to 'jimmy gravelgrinder' dont you think ^_^ before you fall completely behind the curve of history and someone says i told you so ....