Do you iPod while riding MTB?

chuck

Do you iPOD while riding?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you iPOD while riding?

• No I want to hear my partner sucking air
    • Yes Dancing Queen gives me a buzz

On the odd occasion I take the iPod if out on a trail ride or photo ride. Nothin wrong with it.

Races, I dunno, if it's banned it's banned although I reckon it shouldn't make too much of a difference with one earpiece.

Too each their own, sometime folk just need to take the stick from their arse...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big H

I do. But' date=' I only ride with one ear piece in or I make sure the volume is down so I can hear what is going around me. [/quote']

...... and not listen to "Dancing Queen" in stereo???????

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">
Big H2009-07-14 09:30:40

I use my iPAQ with 32GB solid sate memory loaded with my latest selection ?mainly electronic doof doof music which is great for pace and keeps me going through the toughest of times, otherwise its just too boring. Before that it was shockproof CD player, before that a Cassette tape type walkman, what would life be like without music?

I use sports type ear pieces that dont fall out, but dont seal out all the other sounds so its not totally unsafe. I have others that do, that are useful when travelling.

Its a bit anti-social in that you dont chat much, but for me its part of the whole 'jol' in fact it is a jol! with the right music ...

On the odd occasion I take the iPod if out on a trail ride or photo ride. Nothin wrong with it.

Races' date=' I dunno, if it's banned it's banned although I reckon it shouldn't make too much of a difference with one earpiece.

Too each their own, sometime folk just need to take the stick from their arse...
[/quote']

danger dassie - its called a seat post, not a stick  ... sheeeesh some people just cant ever get things right

dont worry I know which window it is

I find that listening to rave whilst doing intervel training pushes me way more than without music.

PS this is the only time I listen to rave.

music when riding is a must for me, well within reason, Any Nats event or Provincial event i put them away because at the one race last year i had my mp3 player taken away untill i had finished(my own fault since i had earphones in when they told us that) i have them in for all my training and most races if i know im just gonna hang in the back with dad,

guys that want a top 50 need not have earphones because its generally the first 100 guys who are riding one hell of a pace, in the back you not going as fast so therefor if something happens that you never heard you atleast have alittle time to see whats happening but at the front it happens quite fast

if the rule stated no elite or uci licenced rider is allowed an ipod it would make sence but then again i dont know the actual rule so i cant really say much more,

if this doesn't make sense then please understand that my doof doof in my car has wrecked my brain

Races' date=' I dunno, if it's banned it's banned although I reckon it shouldn't make too much of a difference with one earpiece.

[/quote']

danger dassie - its called a seat post, not a stick  ... sheeeesh some people just cant ever get things right

dont worry I know which window it is

LOL

I do when I ride alone (with the exception of riding Breedts Nek' date=' then I'm rude to everyone around me Embarrassed)

Also depending on my mood, oh and I only use 1 earpiece. 

[/quote']
and you sing...

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed only cos I can't hear myself..... oh and I'm a sadist

In my opinion' date=' riding with an iPod is dangerous for you as the cyclist. You cannot hear what's happening around you and it is also illegal!!Use it only with 1 ear piece, that way you can still hear what's going on around you.

[/quote']

How can it be illegal? In the forest?