Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

So much for posting this over a few days, I was too excited to wait!

One last picture taken by Kerrythe from BMC - the refection of the bike in a puddle on the sidewalk. Super photograph and in tune with the artistry that went into the project!

Thanks for posting these pics. Absolutely amazing transformation. Can't wait to see it in the chrome!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode an identical bike (except black instead of green) occasionally, while still in school (belonged to my Dad). But the ride was so different to my 3-speed at the time, that I'd sometimes straddle the "big bike" ... and those mechanical brakes were rock solid.

And mounted appropriately, can transform a room ...

That's precisely what we have in mind for old Hercules!

So much for posting this over a few days, I was too excited to wait!

One last picture taken by Kerrythe from BMC - the refection of the bike in a puddle on the sidewalk. Super photograph and in tune with the artistry that went into the project!

Great great project. What a great job! absolutely love it !

How did they chrome only the crown or is the whole fork chromed?

Was the bell rechromed too? because I'm quite surprised that the logo survived so clearly

Great great project. What a great job! absolutely love it ! Thanks, it was a pleasure

How did they chrome only the crown or is the whole fork chromed? Only the crown re-chromed

Was the bell rechromed too? because I'm quite surprised that the logo survived so clearly Yes, the bell was re-chromed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

I have, amongst my other bikes, a 1954 Raleigh bike fitted with a Sturmey Archer gear train manufactured in 1952 (I checked up on the serial numbers).

Problem is I changed the rear tyre and tube this weekend, and accidentally broke the chain for the Sturmey Archer leading into the back hub. I am very anxious to replace this item, either with a spare or with something that will work as well ..... any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP????

I have got a few new ones, but I know there are different lengths of rods that fit into the hub. What length is the current one?

Hi Guys!

I have, amongst my other bikes, a 1954 Raleigh bike fitted with a Sturmey Archer gear train manufactured in 1952 (I checked up on the serial numbers).

Problem is I changed the rear tyre and tube this weekend, and accidentally broke the chain for the Sturmey Archer leading into the back hub. I am very anxious to replace this item, either with a spare or with something that will work as well ..... any suggestions?

PLEASE HELP????

I have got a few new ones, but I know there are different lengths of rods that fit into the hub. What length is the current one?

Anyone out there who has restored an old DHC? If so, I have a steering tube badge which I'm willing to part with, if it's going to a good home :-)

Anybody know anything about the Japanese frame Sakae Litage. I think it is from around 1990.

post-36242-0-50113000-1372169572_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sakae Ringyo refers to the SR before the Suntour name.

Suntour gave it a good go as a component manufacturer before being engulfed by Shimano in the late 80s.

One still occasionally sees the name Sakae on bars/stems etc on older bikes.

The modern Suntour is Taiwanese-owned.

Your frame is Japanese, and probably dates from the late 80s - but there are sure to be more educated answers coming your way - at least more so than mine.

Check out the Sheldon Brown website for tons of info.

Bike looks great BTW.