Lance to do the Cape Epic

Joobs

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the audience ratings for the Epic on TV if Lance does the Epic.

That is right. I can not remember when last my TV was so flooded with coverage of the Leadville 100. smiley5.gif

Guest colonel

GREAT news for SA!!!? Love him or hate him' date=' it's going to do great things for the Cape[/quote']

Last time I looked the Cape was struggling smiley5.gif

GREAT news for SA!!!  Love him or hate him' date=' it's going to do great things for the Cape[/quote']

Last time I looked the Cape was struggling smiley5.gif

Indeed!  Maybe the extra revenue will help them build some bike paths and do other cycling related projects.  Just think of all the good things the Cape can get after Lance has graced it with his presenceWink

PS Why do you post that pic of me with my head in the sand everywhere on this thread?Confused

Heard a rumor yesterday in Zurich (ja ja ?the hotbed of all genuine rumors?) that LA is going to do Hawaii IM, this year!!

Maybe next year as 2009 event is in +/- 2 months?

Imagine the audience ratings for the Epic on TV if Lance does the Epic.

That is right. I can not remember when last my TV was so flooded with coverage of the Leadville 100. smiley5.gif

Or the Cape Epic for that matter, what was it an hour highlight with 20 min's of advertising ...... WOW!

I would hate to be a top athlete in a race Lance enters.. all the comotion about him, Unless of course you beat him

Guest colonel

?

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-: EN">Heard a rumor yesterday in Zurich (ja ja ?the hotbed of all genuine rumors?) that LA is going to do Hawaii IM' date=' this year!!

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"></SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>Maybe next year as 2009 event is in +/- 2 months?</o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN>?

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN>?

[/quote']

OT: I thought you had to qualify for the Hawaii IM?

Guest colonel

I would hate to be a top athlete in a race Lance enters.. all the comotion about him' date=' Unless of course you beat him

[/quote']

See Giro and TDF 09

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-: EN">Heard a rumor yesterday in Zurich (ja ja ?the hotbed of all genuine rumors?) that LA is going to do Hawaii IM' date=' this year!!

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"></SPAN><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p>Maybe next year as 2009 event is in +/- 2 months?</o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN> 

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN-US style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN> 

[/quote']

And how'd you think he got a Epic entry??

[/quote']

Ahh.... Colonel you know if your names Lance Armstrong things happen...

its a valid point which i imagine many triathlon forums would be debating for months.

In all honesty I cannot see him doing it this year anyway.

This is going to lure in a lot of spectators...expect a boerewors roll to go for R60 and a 500ml still water for R25!

Isn't that what things cost at the Epic anyway?