Camelbak. Prices and alternatives

FanieFiets

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Het nounet gesien. Maar saam met 'n paar pedals kos dit nog steeds net R1 000-00. Yummy. Wie wil saam met my 'n paar goed koop dan maak ons  'n pakkie op. 

Try Cape Union Mart.  they stock

the Kway hydropack at R275 +R120 for the bladder.  It is well designed with a rain coat, helmet "clamp", wet area, large storage place (20l) and a small personal compartment.  (Rigid back and reflective piping, and a place to hook your light)  Larger ans smaller backs also available.

The deuter range from Germany which are just way cool.

Go have a look.

(een ou het even 'n tampon in syne gehad - don't ask me why).

Tampons is om neus bloei te stop.

So now you know.Clap

#Pete#2007-05-04 09:43:33

Is dit wat jou ma jou vertel het ;-)

Ernstig, thnx, ek dink ek gaan ook een in my bag sit. So wat van 'n mens, heavy flow of lighter days? Ek weet nie regtig hoe werk die goed nie. Wat van 'n pad vir roasties?

A couple of years ago I bought a Salomon hydration pack rather than a Camelback, for the simple reason that Salomon sponsor stuff like AR in a big way in South Africa and the other one doesn't.

Then I mailed Salomon to tell them why I buy their product so they know their sponsorships pay off. What did they do? Sent me a R300:00 off voucher for my next pair of trail shoes that's what. 2 years later that pack and those shoes are still going strong.

Salomon is a cool product to support.

So wat van 'n mens' date=' heavy flow of lighter days?

[/quote']

Depends on the size of your neusgate.

Mr Price sport has 1.5 Litre bladders for  R46 bucks, oh, they have the same nozzle as the camelbacks...but do not call them that....

Ha! Julle mtb crowd wat se ons roadies is vol stront oor bene hare skeer en daai denge! Hoor nou net vir julle!

Sien my more in Grabouw. Ek sal die ou met die Dunlop sak wees!

Ek sal later 'n groot sak gaan koop as ek overnight goed wil doen en dit actually nodig is om 'n jagmes' date=' slaapsak, tent en crossbow in te pak. Wink

[/quote']

Hey FannyFiets,

Don't you have boob-hair to shave?

Mr Mullet

Chris I also got two Salomon packs . The are great for AR races and the likes but bit bulky for XC racing . I have done a AR sprint with the Camel Striker pack and here I found it not to be really suited for running as it moves around to much . Fanie on the other hand seems to be looking for sdomething to store his rum and coke and the Dunlop pack will do him well .

Salomon is a cool product to support.

Got to agree on that one.

I've got the Rally Raid 300 that I use for AR's and the Raid Revo 10 for mtb'ing.

Have also got 2 pairs of the XA Pro 3d's and also the Tech Amphibians.

Only problem I have with the Pro 3d's is their SERIAAASSS lack of grip when the soles are wet. They are almost lethal !! Ouch On a couple of the kloofing legs at SX we literally lost a couple of hours due having to be extremely careful of where are foot placements went.

Camelbak MULE, end of story, yes it's expensive, but it last forever, bladder got nice bite valve, easy to clean etc. etc. etc.

Camelbak MULE' date=' end of story, yes it's expensive, but it last forever, bladder got nice bite valve, easy to clean etc. etc. etc.[/quote']

Like I said spookie(Deamon).. mr Price - R45 , same nozzle...he,he,he same as bladder just a lot cheaper...tell you what I will sell you mine as a camelback bladder and charge you R350 for my R45'er... you will not know the difference...but your insane need to pay MORE for a rediculous brand name will be satisfied.. howz-that?

MULE hey???LOL yes, I say MULE it is.....LOL

D-O-N-K-E-Y!!!!!!!!!!!

Camelbak MULE' date=' end of story, yes it's expensive, but it last forever, bladder got nice bite valve, easy to clean etc. etc. etc.[/quote']

Like I said spookie(Deamon).. mr Price - R45 , same nozzle...he,he,he same as bladder just a lot cheaper...tell you what I will sell you mine as a camelback bladder and charge you R350 for my R45'er... you will not know the difference...but your insane need to pay MORE for a rediculous brand name will be satisfied.. howz-that?

MULE hey???LOL yes, I say MULE it is.....LOL

D-O-N-K-E-Y!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your R45 bladder have a lifelong warranty?

Does your R45 bladder have anti-bacterial coating?

Does your R45 bladder have the Camelbak bite valve (used a couple of bladders before, prefer the camelbak one)

Does your R45 bladder have a big fist size screw cap opening for filling and cleaning?

Can a 4x4 drive over your bladder...HAHAHA who cares...but it's on the camelbak site ;)

Had my Mule now for around 3 years, pack and bladder still looks new.

But....who cares, it's the same as buying Assos bibs or Capestorm bibs etc. Buy what you like and enjoy