Cartel trying to close door on CWC

Red Zone

I guess lots of people have seen the CWC email advert in which Chris mentions that there is a price fixing cartel trying to stop CWC bringing in goods and retailing them below retail price.

All I can say is that I will continue to support CWC as much as I can and stick it to the cartel! Keep the great deals coming Chris!

Chris had the forsight to get the online shop running and he deserves the benefit, the fact that the other shops are so stuck in the old retail model is their problem. Adapt or die as they say.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Copy of Ad Below

---------------------------

Our lawyers told us not to send this mail... but what the heck!

As you?ll have figured, our business is based on a very simple principle - to bring you the best products with awesome service at the cheapest possible price.

It seems weird that anyone would think this is unconventional and would try to stop us... but that?s precisely what?s happening. Someone out there doesn?t like us importing components and selling them at below retail price. Indeed, they?re going to great lengths to prevent us bringing you special deals. Now, as this is a family newsletter, we can?t really say what we?d like this price fixing cartel to do.

But maybe they should check out these specials on Mavic Wheels and plenty more!

Go on, spoil yourselves!

Thanks Chris

So, a marketing email from one shop is to be taken as firm evidence of a cartel involving other shops?

Maybe there is more to this than mere marketing - I seem to remember a couple of months back that the cycling industry in SA was being investigated for price-fixing.

I am not saying this letter is gospel, what I am saying is that perhaps there is more to this than bashing the competition.

I seem to remember a couple of months back that the cycling industry in SA was being investigated for price-fixing.

And what came of that investigation?

I seem to remember a couple of months back that the cycling industry in SA was being investigated for price-fixing.

And what came of that investigation?

I do not know. Not even sure it is completed yet.

I think we all know which shop / club is the front runners of this so called cartel!!!! and it is true all the big guns were being investigated for price fixing......which happened prior to this year's Argus...go figure!!