Cartel trying to close door on CWC

Red Zone

Mmmm you said it (the dof bit) . Should we be on the same side ? in that case Delgaro I appologize now please move over to my side !
Over a beer??

friday arfie at news cafe? smiley4.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although most cyclist don't buy from CRC, they are using the threat of shopping there to get/con better pricing out of the LBS's.

CWC are not greedy or needing to be closed down. They are simply going about their business of trying to make money and attract clients. Its quite simple that people look for value and service when shopping and if CWC offer this then good on them. Trying to make a buck by being cheaper and better than everyone else is simply good business and in this day and age of dog eat dog its survival.

Colinw, I agree with you. I shop where I want to shop and never, ever confuse price and value.

Cheap does not always come with the "other stuff" that makes my purchasing a pleasure. I have never bought from CWC so I cannot comment on them.

I have only supported 1 LBS in Ben on one with the possibility of supporting another one closer to home when I need to. The value of buying from your LBS is that you build and foster a relationship with them to both party's benefit.

That being said, there are numerous posts all over our Hub where cyclists have issues with their LBS not giving a hoot. Hit & miss?

Although most cyclist don't buy from CRC' date=' they are using the threat of shopping there to get/con better pricing out of the LBS's. [/quote']

Well consider this Ghostface. I decided on Saturday that I need a new saddle. I looked at my LBS's on Saturday and Sunday. They didn't have the saddle I wanted. I looked on CRC. They had stock. And it was cheaper with all the associated costs than if I had to buy it in the shop. I ordered it on Sunday afternoon and I should receive it tomorrow. With work the next time I am able to get to a bike shop would be Saturday. So CRC is cheaper and I get it much sooner.

As for this cartel story and CWC, I take it with a pinch of salt. Being in the legal world people listen to their lawyers or it could harm their cases. And with so much at stake and the costs involve you won't just disregard the advice of your lawyers. It is just marketing designed to do exactly what is happening here. You dare talking about CWC and prices being so good etc. Exactly what they want!

Colinw' date=' I agree with you. I shop where I want to shop and never, [/quote']

Is that OK Bazaars?

as far as CWC is concerned, there are some people in the industry trying to shut him down.

The problem is CWC also buys from local distributors. It's only certain items that they import direct as they have a "OEM account" with those companies.

I.e They have the same account status with manufacturers as CRC has.

So CRC and CWC are just cutting out the middleman and taking the liability of warranty upon themselves.

Two different business models. Both work

Buying a product off the net, that you can't find in SA, is all good and I do it myself (when the CC has money on it).

But I hear from stores more and more that people are going into shops and asking for them to beat CRC prices on products that the shop does have on the floor.

If they say "no", they lose the sale (and get bad mouthed on thehub) or they take a huge lose just to make a sale and hopefully keep a customer.

That's called horse trading.

quite frankly, If I were a LBS owner I would not want that sort of customer anyway and other cyclists would be well to make up their own minds about a shops service and whether they prefer online or LBS.

I use both but if I ask a shop for info and a quote then I buy from them, not online.  Pick your side

A good LBS is useful. Mine knows that I buy stuff from CRC and Totalcycling, and has asked me to get stuff for him twice.

I recently asked him for a (new) bike I had seen advertised on the HUB at an excellant price. The (cartel) supplier first quoted him a higher price than the hub offer and when he pointed this out the price was adjusted so that he could offer the same deal.  I now have bought 3 of those bikes from my LBS for beginners in the last two months.

Mmmm you said it (the dof bit) . Should we be on the same side ? in that case Delgaro I appologize now please move over to my side !
Over a beer??

That could work!! Let me know & lets round up the posse!!

Colinw' date=' I agree with you. I shop where I want to shop and never, [/quote']

Is that OK Bazaars?

Anything wrong with OK? Pep? Mr Price?

If these Cartel okes are anything like the Cartel okes in Grand Theft Auto 3 then they must be stopped Angry

Over a beer??
That could work!! Let me know & lets round up the posse!!

lekka. same time suit you?