Which MTB saddle?

Velouria

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Marius, which Serfas did you get for the MTB? I have a Serfas Stinger on my road bike and am very happy with it!

Not sure BigBen, it's a light weight one and has a hole in itsmileys/smiley4.gif I think it's the same one you have.

GoLefty, maybe it's time to change that nick to "Hangbal" smileys/smiley2.gif

I have a Arione on the Road bike and a Gobi on the Mtb and hardly notice a difference?

But like you said... some guys are just firmer smileys/smiley36.gif

But it you like waisting money on a "name"

you are the only person I know who spends so much on bike stuff. You even own a bike that you have not ridden. Lets not forget about that whole tyre saga - how much did that set you back? smileys/smiley17.gifsmileys/smiley4.gif

............ you are right! But now after all that I can tell you that it's not worth waisting money on a name, see I learned the hard way to help you guys save moneysmileys/smiley4.gif

ps. the bikes sold. How you think I can pay for my little experimentssmileys/smiley36.gif

So why haven't you bought that Maverick frame yet? I had a look at it this morning - so sweet!! It will be mine!!

Nah, changed my mind again, rather going with the Santa Cruz SL, but still saving up...

GoLefty' date=' maybe it's time to change that nick to "Hangbal" [img']smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

I have a Arione on the Road bike and a Gobi on the Mtb and hardly notice a difference?

Hangbal Lefty......smileys/smiley32.gif

It may jusy work ,.............till the mods catch wind  of it

GoLefty' date=' maybe it's time to change that nick to "Hangbal" [img']smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Same here - Arione on the road bike and Gobi on the MTB.  Both as comfortable and far better than anything else I have ever ridden.

Was paging throught "What Mountain Bike' mag (April 06) on the weekend and they had a review on Mountain Bike saddles.

The Gobi was rated with a Gold Award, but the over all winner was a SDG Bel Air!

They also gave the Tioga Spyder a good rating. Its a saddle i have never seen before, and it looks quite interesting.

Have a look...

http://www.triathlete.com/store/images/products/large/SA1614.jpg

Tioga Spyder Saddle Carbon Shell NiCro Rails

Length: 270 mm

Width: 123 mm

Weight: 140.0 g

Cool! but how can that be comfy?

A team mate rides a Selle San Marco Aspide - basicaly a hard little carbon plank with 2 rails. He's never had problems with it before, but at the recent vets tour he started complaining a bit. Rather him than me! 

Sella Italia SLR XC Kevlar....the best saddle i have ever used, have one on my road and mtb bikes, ridden it for 8 months now and can't complain. I am one of those slightly slower riders who spends more tim ein the saddle so I need extra comfort and these are beauts.

Cheaper on line than in most local shops, just ordered one for my new mtb.

• 4 months later...

I've just bought myself one of these.......

http://www.oxfordstriders.co.za/personal/prolink%20gel%20flow.jpg

and..........

http://www.oxfordstriders.co.za/personal/thudbuster.jpg

Personally for Mountain Biking i find the SDG Bel Air the most comfortable saddle ive ever sat on. With Ti rails and Kevlar Side panels its very tough and not too heavy either.

They have some new I-Beam system with a seatpost and saddle integrated (I seem to remember seeing them on some of the new Raleighs??) but i have the traditional Ti-railed saddle. Anyone out there use this system? how does it hold up' date=' and how hard is adjustment etc?

Oh and it comes in a whole heap of colours and designs. Perfect to pimp your ride!!

[/quote']

I think Geddan Ruddock (MANIC CYCLES) has one of these on his mtb, will get him to comment.

As for me, I'm very happy with my Selle Italia SLR Gelflow, though I must mentioned I've managed to bend the rails after my recent fall in the snow Confused So I need to get it replaced.

So if you fall a lot, get something with sturdy rails! Ouch