Bend over....CSA is coming...

Speed Devil

I agree 100% with what you are saying Spinnekop.

As all things in life its all relative.

1000's of riders will be paying R 300 for their licences come 24th Dec.

100's will bitch about it

next year,they will do the same

why dont we all just boycot them and not buy a licence at all

you know as well as I know, its much easier to talk the talk

but getting people to do it is just short of impossible.

so, that is why there is no point in bitching about it- its like the folks in the cradle, and many other bitching threads on the hub.

Is your Electricity supply all of a sudden better now that Eskom will hike their prices  -mine isn't, but I need the electricity , so I have limited options, pay or dont have it. Easy as that. You decide.

CSA will probably never get their act together by the sounds of it, but they have us by the short and curly's so what are our options?

You ride an expensive bike because you can/want, but do you complain about the R 150 to enter a race. Dont think so.

I remember the okes saying they wont be riding 94.7 because its R 265.

Guess what, unless I am seeing double or they have twins, I saw them at the race actually riding - but maybe they got a free entry or jumped the fence and rode unofficially.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email from my club chairman where he outlines the new license structure and fees......

A full racing license is going to cost......

Wait for it.........

R300!!!!!!DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

And they will be available for renewal from 24 December. What  a lovely Christmas present!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry

That's very reasonable, why you complaining

That's very reasonable' date=' why you complaining
[/quote']

The people would find a reason to complain if they charged R5 and the license card were delivered by a flock of naked supermodels.

Arg, not another CSA thread.... the problem isn't the R300, its the nothing you get for it. and as someone metnioned earlier, 100 years old, maybe its time for new ideas... R300 for a racing licence for 100km races, which are no way close to international standards. Oh wait, its gonna go for development...FAIL!!!

Any news about if the 30 - 34(VA) age group is going to be part of the elite group from next year?

Good question.........35-39 for that matter as well......afterall....IF I read this thing, there will be starts according to SEEDING and not age.....

Time will tell?

But I don't think CSA even knows yet what is what.......Wink

Categories for the Fast One, R4S and Carnival all show the same system as we've had all along... so 30-34 will be racing as Vets and not with the Elites, and it will still be age vs age and not strength vs strength.

I'd like to know if SA Champs will be taking place in Feb for all age categories... CSA hasn't approved that yet.

20091204_031506_FastOne.JPG

20091204_030953_R4S.JPG

20091204_031015_carnival.JPG

What Development?

Indeed.  I just saw 6 age categories to enter for old men, but the Elites and under-23's have to race together!  Clear where the focus is.

I just renewed my Dutch racing licence.  A cool R800 (73 Euros)...

I hate it when people talk like this. Totally irrelevant. You get payed in euros' date=' not rands.[/quote']

Mampara I see you and others make this remarks and its utter bull sh!t.

Yes he is probably paid in EURO

But you with a good SA job will get 20.000 Rand.

You guys think that the EURO guy gets 20.000 EURO no ways he is already well paid if after taxes he gets 2.000 a month.

So if you convert he has probably a bit more but by far not enough to justify a price difference of almost 200%

Cheers
20,000 Euros?!  Where do I sign???  At least a race only costs me 3 or 4 euro's to enter.

Mampara, hate is such a strong word.  You shouldn't hate it, rather see it as information, digest it and then embrace it.  Love it...

I can't believe people are moaning over R300 for an annual license. That's less than a rand a day. If its too much then don't race, or put it on your budget facility.

But you with a good SA job will get 20.000 Rand.

20' date='000 Euros?!  Where do I sign???  At least a race only costs me 3 or 4 euro's to enter.[/quote']

I think a whole lot of SA'ns will sign for 20,000 in sa...

Jackes17542009-12-04 03:37:51

That's very reasonable' date=' why you complaining
[/quote']

The people would find a reason to complain if they charged R5 and the license card were delivered by a flock of naked supermodels.

I would complain, if they were not carring a 6 pack and a hamburgerWink

with the build up of the first post i thought a zero had been left off. wait for it..... R300.00

huh?!

Who knows, maybe they'll improve with a little extra cash flow.

with the build up of the first post i thought a zero had been left off. wait for it..... R300.00

huh?!

Who knows' date=' maybe they'll improve with a little extra cash flow. [/quote']

I doubt that very much. Why would more money make them improve?

So, we have Ex-Pats telling us its cheap. Anything as as cheap as what the buyer feels it is. Period. Finish. Klaar. Whether it is in Euros, ZA Rondts, US$ or the bleeding Kwatcha.

I think people are moaning about the value more than the cost. Read between the lines and that is the moan.

My doubt about CSA improving stems from the structure of the fee (that piddling little R300).

Now you have to pay double what was paid last year, but here is the good news - it covers road and MTB. Wheeee!

They have looked at the numbers and decided to do it this way because we, the cyclists, will get better value? Drivel! They are doing it this way to generate more revenue.

Those who did have CSA licenses for both road and MTB lose nothing, gain nothing. I have no interest in riding MTB. There are MTBers who have no interest in riding road. So why bother to give us this extra value?

You only need the R300.00 racing licence if you intend doing SA's, nationals & provincials, otherwise the R75 cyclosport licence covers everything else. A reduction for most !!!