cradle route

chucky

Cheers Andyr, but Mark, Ian and co should really be applauded here. They tried to take the inititave and were unfortunately rebuked.

These current actions by certain residents seem to put that rebuke into perspective.

By no means are cyclists not at fault though, I've seen some stupid things by riders there. Yet it sure as hell does not justify nearly riding someone of the road!!

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly question but have there been anyt issues on the T3 road that runs past teak and the lion and rihno park?

Does this Dave character drive a black X5?

We were similarly "buzzed" by a maniac in such a vehicle two weeks

ago (two of us riding in single file) who also hooted at us. I saw him

repeating this to every group of cyclists ahead of us until he disappeared.

He was also speeding at a horrific rate (hypocrite)...

Appropiate sign for the cradle roads?

http://www.smartmotorist.com/images/auto/summary_of_aggressive_driving.jpg

The residents dont own the road.

Its a public road with a cycling lane.

Who does Dave think he is threating the lives of innocent cyclists.

Does this Dave character drive a black X5?

We were similarly "buzzed" by a maniac in such a vehicle two weeks
ago (two of us riding in single file) who also hooted at us. I saw him
repeating this to every group of cyclists ahead of us until he disappeared.

He was also speeding at a horrific rate (hypocrite)...

I did mention this as well to SAPS.

I've been driving a black X5 now and then the last few weeks, but I swear it wasn't me. You would've heard AYOBAAA ... Wink

@dassie - thanks for the references, I will report the incident to Muldersdrift Police Station.

If and when any of you come across this band of irate Cradle peoples blocking the road ...... just contact the closest SAPS branch and tell them that some peoples are having an illegal gathering and they are illegally blocking a public road. The should respond quickly to such a serious matter and it would be oh so wonderfull to see these chaps in jail........ where they ought to be!!!!!!!

If and when any of you come across this band of irate Cradle peoples blocking the road ...... just contact the closest SAPS branch and tell them that some peoples are having an illegal gathering and they are illegally blocking a public road. The should respond quickly to such a serious matter and it would be oh so wonderfull to see these chaps in jail........ where they ought to be!!!!!!!

This does raise an interesting question...

Can white people toyi toyi?

This does raise an interesting question...

Can white people toyi toyi?

Nope, they cannot. Once saw a white female Police Sargeant and her buddies try to toyi toyi whilst on a march/strike in Bloemfontein. Almost fell over laughing at their lack of co-ordination (not that I would have able to do any better) At least she had the right build/physique for it (just imagine all that video footage on TV of the poor/left behind workers they show all the time)Big%20smile

I have yet to see any comments posted that make sense, that are part of the solution rather than part of the problem. It would be good to receive the 'accused' version of the story. I can see this is going to be a case of your story, his and the truth. Now we want to make lawyers wealthier, overload the SAPS etc etc, none of it will result in any real solution-period. Please send me a list of all the marches you have organised to the Union Buildings insisting the government protect you against criminals, irresponsible taxi drivers, and bringing the cycle lane in the Cradle upto acceptable standards.

Over the last 22 years I was part of Civil Protection/ Disaster Management. We used to be funded by council, such funds were used to assist in emergencies by means of medical equipment etc, mostly which has and will be used on road related accidents which includes cyclists. I am a volunteer. The funding has dried up, and now our Community is carrying the costs. We have set up a fund to replenish such medical supplies, and I can prove most of the equipment is used on road users from outside the Cradle. However, we are human and are proud to help all in the time of need. Our mission, 'to create safe enviroments', main objective 'to save a life'. The accused is part of this team.

Now before you make comment, please consider that you may be the next victim of crime or an accident in the Cradle, and our Community may be the first responder to assist you. In this 3rd world country and in a rural area, you may be very pleased to be helped and assisted by one of us, and I hope you would do the same for me if I were in your neck of the woods.

Please consider on donating finacially toward the expenses incurred, as you never know when you may reap the benefits. Please engage in a positive way, as anything else is going to create animosity and harden attitudes - to what end? Any willing donors are welcome to forward your email address to info@valleyofancestors.com, I will copy you our latest newsletter. There after you can call on our 24hr control room if you require assistance whilst in the Cradle area. Regards. Trevor

Our mission' date=' 'to create safe enviroments', main objective 'to save a life'. The accused is part of this team.

[/quote']

This is starting to become weird. Firstly, "The accused's objective is "to save a life"? Secondly, would you consider funding him?

I definitely have to ride in the Cradle this weekend - I just have to see who we're dealing with (assuming they show up).