ktm bikes, cyclelab

dirtcrazy

hi guys, just need some help,,, dad wants to buy KTM bike from cyclelab,,, okay bikes??? any info he needs to know abou????? thanks

rene

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with cyclelab in Northgate, coincidentally

the guy I spoke to said they have received their dual suspension bikes, and 1 entry level. He reckons the top spec bikes are lekker, but the entry level one they have at the moment is a little overpriced, but in a couple of weeks they should be getting the mid range bikes which he reckons will definitely be worth looking at.

"Just came from Cycle Lab and the bikes are specced well, look damn sweet and are competitively priced.

Full sus, hydroformed frame with a DT swiss rear shock, rock shox reba up front and an XT/SLX component mix for just under 26K .... Not bad, and a bloody nice looking bike. "

The older models from a few years ago did like to crack frames . Sure they would have sorted out that little problem .

I have a mate in the UK who rides a KTM MTB, he raves about it, not sure about how it compares to other brands available in SA price wise, but if it is for sale at cyclelab I would guess that you could pick up an equivalently spec'd bike elswhere for less. I think Merida is offering some of the best value at the moment.

"Just came from Cycle Lab and the bikes are specced well' date=' look damn sweet and are competitively priced.

Full sus, hydroformed frame with a DT swiss rear shock, rock shox reba up front and an XT/SLX component mix for just under 26K .... Not bad, and a bloody nice looking bike. "[/quote']

Merida 96 3000d hydromformed with carbon rear stay .

Full XT with Magura brakes and Magura race fork (50grams heavier than XX fork) For R23K plus it is race proven

personally i would stay away......go for soemthing with a little pedigree and proven back up.....

• 3 weeks later...

Im beginning to think that Tour/Race proven is the way to go.

Merida is definately race proven as far as MTB goes. Also, value for money, you cant touch it!!! Just not sure im mad about that magura upfront!