#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

I take it you were a potential candidate for this when you collected your number? smiley2.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley36.gif

And then the tannie tried to sell me a SS chip........

I'd rather DIE!!!

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or just SST' date=' Racetec, CC chips - every single race has timing scanning equipment anyway!

[/quote']

Was thinking in the same lines.

Why cant the timing boys have a system where you cannot enter the starting blocks if your chip in not registered as "paid for this race"

take a leaf out of the unions books and call out a number collection strike

any takers?

I'll help with that.

Lets do the Argus.

(Now where did I put Lance's tel number again?)

problem is spinnekop, the argus entrants wont have these frustrations because 90% of them race 1/2 a year

we need to do it up here in gauteng, where 90%+ of the riders have to do this week in and week out

I say lets do it for R4S 

Another reluctance to having numbers for the year for MTB, is the advertising on the MTB number boards. If people are left to their own devices they start modifying their boards with strange fonts / sponsors and and and. After a while you cant even read the numbers....

Don't get me wrong I am all for numbers for life!

Another reluctance to having numbers for the year for MTB' date=' is the advertising on the MTB number boards. If people are left to their own devices they start modifying their boards with strange fonts / sponsors and and and. After a while you cant even read the numbers....

Don't get me wrong I am all for numbers for life!
[/quote']

Hence my first sugestion to send a PDF to print.

On that is your number, the logos of the sponsors, race name, licensed etc.

or

Set a rule that states "you modify your number, your ass is DQed"

Gauteng - BMX... number for life and Gauteng/National BMX is part of CSA..

Number gets issued once CSA/CGC confirms payment for lic...

Not rocket science now is it...

that is just great

the simpler the process, the easier it will be for everyone

we just need a way now to ensure a rider starts in his correct group. maybe that is something they can email you, or that you collect a token or something at the race before the start, which you have to hand in when entering the pen.

Why does the whole country not follow the KZN system. You get a number board for life.You get a MR PRICE TIMING chip for life which are both linked. AT a race registration in morning you usually get 3 stickers for board with sponsor sticker,batch sticker and race distance sticker. The marshals check this as you line up in batches. You are told not to alter your board if you do you are pulled from race or must buy new one. It takes me 5 minutes to pay for event online and also about 5 minutes at each race to scan chip for race day and collect stickers. It is so simple! and most people are happy except for the idiots who loose their number board or timing chip and have to buy a new one.  

that is just great

the simpler the process' date=' the easier it will be for everyone

we just need a way now to ensure a rider starts in his correct group. maybe that is something they can email you, or that you collect a token or something at the race before the start, which you have to hand in when entering the pen.

?

[/quote']

seriously?

There can be a special place on the permanent numbers where you can either slide or attach a small piece op paper that you printed yourself. This number will prove that you entered and it will be colour coded so that you can know in which group you start

As mentioned the "ROAG" system in KZN works great for all their MTB races.

Sounds like a winner, the race organisers can give you a goodie bag at the finish.

Simplest will be for race orgs to allow pick up morning of the event, perhaps have a box when you enter that you click if you want to pick up your number at the event, just need to ensure you get there early enough and the orgs have enough volunteers to man the collection point.

Simplest will be for race orgs to allow pick up morning of the event' date=' perhaps have a box when you enter that you click if you want to pick up your number at the event, just need to ensure you get there early enough and the orgs have enough volunteers to man the collection point. [/quote']

Scotty.

Won't work.

Most guys can't even pitch up for the start on time!!!

Number collection on raceday for something like Fastone or R4S will be a mess....."Oom Oom....maak gou.....ek moet start in 10min"....."F$%($ laaitie"

Enter.  Mail. Print number.

EEEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYYYY

Simplest will be for race orgs to allow pick up morning of the event' date=' perhaps have a box when you enter that you click if you want to pick up your number at the event' date=' just need to ensure you get there early enough and the orgs have enough volunteers to man the collection point. [/quote'']

Scotty.

Won't work.

Most guys can't even pitch up for the start on time!!!

Number collection on raceday for something like Fastone or R4S will be a mess....."Oom Oom....maak gou.....ek moet start in 10min"....."F$%($ laaitie"

Enter.  Mail. Print number.

EEEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYYYY

Sounds like it when you put it like that smiley36.gif

EEEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYYYY

Sounds like it when you put it like that smiley36.gif

Yup.....But I think Mallo nailed it on the head.........there is money to be made or lost.......smiley18.gif