#numbercollectionsmustfall : PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Spinnekop

This is a call to all race organisers out there.....officials.....CSA dudes and dudets......people with common sense.

Can't we just PLEASE print our own numbers?  Just send it to me via Pdf to my mail box and I'll print with your logos on........

Or even BETTER.  ONE number every at he beginning of every year.  I'll pay MORE. 

PLEASE????????????????????????????????????

I had to drive all the way out there to get my race number for Saturday.  Took me almost 2 hours.  Away from work.

Got there.  Got my number.  Left.  No goody bag.  No sales to the bike shop.  Nothing.  Just one half page number.

That trip now makes my entry to the race DOUBLE. 

SURELY in this day and age you can see the worth in that? 

What are the reasons that we HAVE to collect ourselves?????? 

To check our license?  Surely that can be loaded to your name and if you enter without a valid CSA license you will not be allowed to enter?

What other reasons?

I can understand events like Argus and 94.7.  Too many "ride once a year" riders.

But for the rest......COME ON!?!??!!!??!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Spinnekop. That is what i was thinking all along.

And if you dont have a printer, you go to your LBS pay them R5 and they print one for you.

They can do spot checks at the start line.

Please.

I agree 100%. It took me two hours to get to Fourways and back this afternoon.

I'll print the number. I'll pay R50 for them to pay someone else near me to print the number. I'll pay R70 for someone to bring the number to me. Just don't make me waste my life sitting in traffic.

Totally agree' date=' MotoX issue a rider a board number for the entire year.

Would be nice if we could have our favourite number for every race.

[/quote']Thinking of licensed riders.

Everyone else can simply print their numbers or have a material number that they can reuse for the year.

Spinnekop,

Did a running race on sunday in Benoni.

Amazing how easy these guy's make it....you join a club you get a permanent number...enter any race online or at various shops in your area..get your race number from them or pick it up before the race....no problem!!!

Berge and dale nuber collection for saturday cost me R100 bucks in petrol and 2 hours in traffic!!smiley7.gif

Oh and there must have been 5000 people at that race.....R60 bucks or something for 2 hours of pain,you get a goodie bag with a tshirt and all the coke and powerade you can drink!!

Spinnekop, you think you have got it bad....i have to do a 400km return trip and then again on race day, 800km petrol plus race fee makes for an expensive outing for me.  So not only do i have to sit in the jozi traffic have to be away from work for half a day. 

I have asked the question before but they told me being licensed they need to view our license cards on collection, what a load of rubbish i say!!

Or you collect your permanent mtb race number for all the mtn events at the 1st race, and THAT's it. You remember your race no for each race, register for the race on the morning by typing in yr id no. It's done.

I've been begging for road race no collection on race day since forever. Many organisers are accomodating, but you get the odd dude that says no. They need 1 CSA auntie to check lic riders, surely they can spare one to sit behind a desk for an hour?

Lucky in Kzn mountain biking you get a ROAG number and thats it. All the rest is done on race morning.Only the outsurance,asishove and Mtn 50 miler did we get other numbers. The Mtn one is a bit daft because at least 90% of us dont go out our province and do the other Mtn races yet we still had to pay for a number board that we use once a year. What a waste of money.

Spinnekop,

You write what I have been feeling!

Who to write to in order to put this request into serious consideration?

CSA, PPA, Helen Zille (if you live in WC)?

smiley29.gif